Is technology eliminating jobs?

People say that technology is eliminating jobs. What do you guys think? I think that technology is taking over jobs. Robots are going to be the new workers.

People predict that automation with displace 20 million manufacturing jobs. People also approve of robots taking over their jobs even though some jobs are dangerous or really unhealthy for robots to work. There are more that 3 million robots working since 2020. The percent goes up 10% every year. China has the most robots working for humans at their jobs. If robots start taking over then you won't have money to take care of yourself or others that are in need.

Robots won't always be able to understand what you're saying. If you have a talking disability the robots won't understand you but humans that you have been around will understand those people. How are you supposed to get your food if you order it to go and the robots are only working? Who's gonna give you you're food because the robots won't be able to get to you. I don't think that robots should be working because they won't be good workers.

Questions:

Do you think technology is eliminating jobs?

How can we stop this from happening?

Do you think having a robot for a job would be useful in any way?

Sources

https://builtin.com/artificial-intelligence/ai-replacing-jobs-creating-jobs

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/26/robots-could-take-over-20-million-jobs-by-2030-study-claims.html

https://studyfinds.org/replaced-by-a-robot-automation/

https://www.zippia.com/advice/automation-and-job-loss-statistics/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes, I completely think technology is taking over many jobs. Technology is great in most cases and makes life easier but I think we rely on it too much and that it makes each generation lazier and lazier. 

•  It's almost undeniable that technology is eliminating jobs. We will always need people to create and run the technology. I don't think that technology will ever take over jobs completely but I do believe they are elminating some jobs.

• I think that technology will eliminate some jobs. However, I also think that there will be new job opportunities in the future. All the new technology also has to get checked and repaired if it gets broken. In general, I think that technology will help us in the future and make our lives easier. 

• I think that greater technology is eliminating jobs. Technology is cheaper and is not paid by the hour or salary. I think in the future we will see lots of jobs lost due to technology taking over. I think that technology is good but not good enough to take peoples jobs.

• I think that the machinery used in factories replacing people kind of evens itself out. As a person gets replaced by a robot then they need to hire someone to maintain and program that robot. I think having robots and machinery is very useful to help get the job done. 

• I do think that technology is eliminating jobs. There can be many jobs in a factory but they have machines running and doing most or all of the work. But because there is so much technology, there also have to be people running the technology and making it. So in some ways, it is and in some ways it isn't. 

• I do think that technology is taking taking jobs, like factory and cashiers. We can't really stop this because people will keep making things automated. Robots can be better for some jobs that could be extremely dangerous, like construction.

• I think it isn't eliminating jobs. I think it is causing us to do less work. Technology is starting to make stuff easier for humans. In my opinion I would not want a robot to help me. Sometimes working is good for people to actually use there energy and not be lazy.

• I think that technology is taking away some jobs from the people. I think that the only time robots should be used in places is if the job is too dangerous for people to do. But if they start taking jobs away that people can do then more people will become unemployed. 

• I think that robots are eliminating jobs, but i also think that they are making more. some robots need people to program and operate them. although, it is probably taking away more jobs than creating them.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker