Is Netflix becoming less popular?

Netflix used to be known as the world’s most popular streaming service. But in 2022, it lost almost 1.2 million subscribers. With more and more streaming services dropping, Netflix struggles to stay on top. A lot say that the increase in competition is due to the pandemic. Another issue with Netflix is the large amount of outdated content. Netflix struggles with adding new and updated content, so a large number of people are losing interest. The evidence shows it and it’s pretty obvious that this well-known streaming service is decreasing, but is this decrease deserved? 

Personally, I don’t use Netflix nearly as much as I used to due to the fact that the content is now outdated. I would much rather use streaming services like HBO Max, Hulu, Prime Video, or Peacock. I would most likely use Netflix more if they started adding more content.

Sources:

Do you believe that Netflix has become less popular?

Do you think that Netflix has gone downhill with its content?

Do you still use Netflix as a normal streaming service?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• In my opion Netflix is becoming less popular because there are cheaper ways to watch the same shows and movies. In my opion I was been switching to Hulu because it has more varietys of tv shows. I watch more tv shows then actually movies.

• I agree that the variety of shows and movies plays a huge part in this.

• I think that Netflix is becoming less popular. They have some good shows and movies on there but I think that if they were to add older movies and more tv series would help them tremendously. I have recently been using Hulu more than Netflix because they have more variety. 

• I agree that the variety on Netflix no longer compares to other streaming services.

• I think that Netflix is still very popular because I see ads and logos for it all the time and that shows many people are still using it. I still use netflix for shows and movies and enjoy watching many things on it. I think that the content is still very good and updated recently.

• I disagree with you. They are removing more and more content and are releasing shows and movies that no one is interested in. I don't believe it is still very popular at all.

• I think Netflix is becoming less popular. They still have some good newer shows/movies, but being able to watch older ones and having a bigger variety of them would be better. I still use Netflix sometimes to watch their Netflix original shows/movies, but for anything else I use other streaming devices.

• I agree that they still have some good shows and movies, but they aren't being as much attention to Netflix as they used to.

• Yes, netflix is becoming not as popular. Because, they always remove the good movies and add dumb ones. I also hate how they take your show off of netflix even if you havnt finished it. Yes, I still use it just because you can watch it anywhere and there starting to add there old movies back to it.

• I agree that them removing movies and shows it a huge part of this.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker