Is Netflix becoming less popular?

Netflix used to be known as the world’s most popular streaming service. But in 2022, it lost almost 1.2 million subscribers. With more and more streaming services dropping, Netflix struggles to stay on top. A lot say that the increase in competition is due to the pandemic. Another issue with Netflix is the large amount of outdated content. Netflix struggles with adding new and updated content, so a large number of people are losing interest. The evidence shows it and it’s pretty obvious that this well-known streaming service is decreasing, but is this decrease deserved? 

Personally, I don’t use Netflix nearly as much as I used to due to the fact that the content is now outdated. I would much rather use streaming services like HBO Max, Hulu, Prime Video, or Peacock. I would most likely use Netflix more if they started adding more content.

Sources:

Do you believe that Netflix has become less popular?

Do you think that Netflix has gone downhill with its content?

Do you still use Netflix as a normal streaming service?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that netflix has become less popular because there are a lot more streaming services that have popped up and started selling subscriptions. I think that some of netflix's content is less popular than other services, or even other content on its own platform.

• I agree, the cost of subscriptions to other streaming services continues to get cheaper while Netflix's goes up.

• I think that netflix is definitely losing subscribers, but the people that are using netflix definitely use it. I think that netflix content has went up hill because there are alot of good new shows and movies. I personally use a lot probably five to six times per week.

• I disagree that the content has gotten better, I think that is has largely gone downhill.

• I think Netflix has probably gotten less popular. It hasn't become less popular in my family but it probably has in others. I think it has been doing well with certain content like outer banks and newer episodes but within the last month it seems that they don't have as many new teenage shows. Yes, I still use Netflix as a normal streaming service. 

• I personally don't use Netflix anymore, but my family still uses it too.

• I think that Netflix is becoming less and less popular. With more competitors like HBO and Disney+, I believe it is definitely harder for Netflix to keep up. I also know of some families that have canceled their subscriptions because of Netflix's new "no sharing" policy.

• I agree that Netflix struggles to keep up with others. I also believe that the no-sharing policy is a big part of this too.

• I think that Netflix will become less popular because their are more streaming services coming out. I think that the shows and movies are outdated and other streaming services have newer and could be cheaper every month. I think that if netflix want to stay popular they need to update their movies and shows. 

• I agree that Netflix will most likely continue to become less and less popular.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker