Is Netflix becoming less popular?

Netflix used to be known as the world’s most popular streaming service. But in 2022, it lost almost 1.2 million subscribers. With more and more streaming services dropping, Netflix struggles to stay on top. A lot say that the increase in competition is due to the pandemic. Another issue with Netflix is the large amount of outdated content. Netflix struggles with adding new and updated content, so a large number of people are losing interest. The evidence shows it and it’s pretty obvious that this well-known streaming service is decreasing, but is this decrease deserved? 

Personally, I don’t use Netflix nearly as much as I used to due to the fact that the content is now outdated. I would much rather use streaming services like HBO Max, Hulu, Prime Video, or Peacock. I would most likely use Netflix more if they started adding more content.

Sources:

Do you believe that Netflix has become less popular?

Do you think that Netflix has gone downhill with its content?

Do you still use Netflix as a normal streaming service?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I feel netflix is becomeing less popular. There is alot of different tv services now than when netflix first came  out. Also netflix doesnt have amazing shows. They got rid of friends and alot of other good programs. Good topic.

• I agree that they don't have any more good shows and their content is just no longer there.

• Yes I think that netflix is becoming less popular, when it first came out a lot of people watched stuff on it, but now they raised the prices on it and some people cant keep paying for it, and some of the movies on netflix are not popular movies. Yes I still use netflix but I do not use it as a normal streaming service.

• I agree that their raising of the price of subscriptions was a huge part of their downfall.

• I think Netflix isn't as popular as it used to be. With so many other streaming platforms opening up people have so many options to choose from and with more options, people's attention is going to move from platform to the next platform. I do think that Netflix has gone downhill with it's content.

• I agree that people are not longer focused as much on Netflix.

• I think that Netflix has become less popular because many other streaming services haved popped up.  These straming services *often times, have better content on them. In the same way other services have better content, Netflix has less content that is competetive with Disney+ and HULU.

• I agree that the other service contains more and better content.

• I use Netflix, but only for one show, and sometimes a couple movies. I think that Netflix has become less popular, just because there are so many other apps to use. I also think that Netflix has kind of gone downhill with its content just because they don't put as much stuff on there.

• I agree that they no longer put out as much content.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker