Is Netflix becoming less popular?

Netflix used to be known as the world’s most popular streaming service. But in 2022, it lost almost 1.2 million subscribers. With more and more streaming services dropping, Netflix struggles to stay on top. A lot say that the increase in competition is due to the pandemic. Another issue with Netflix is the large amount of outdated content. Netflix struggles with adding new and updated content, so a large number of people are losing interest. The evidence shows it and it’s pretty obvious that this well-known streaming service is decreasing, but is this decrease deserved? 

Personally, I don’t use Netflix nearly as much as I used to due to the fact that the content is now outdated. I would much rather use streaming services like HBO Max, Hulu, Prime Video, or Peacock. I would most likely use Netflix more if they started adding more content.

Sources:

Do you believe that Netflix has become less popular?

Do you think that Netflix has gone downhill with its content?

Do you still use Netflix as a normal streaming service?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think Netflix is absolutely becoming less and less appealing in comparison to its competitors. Netflix has a tendency to force seasons out of shows until they become ruined, and also canceling really good shows after only 1 season. Netflix is only really good for its original shows/movies, and those are declining in quality. When Netflix was going to make it so that you couldn't share passwords, I was very content with the idea of not having Netflix in college. I think Netflix realized that, like me, most people would rather go without Netflix than buy extra subscriptions so they reversed that decision. 

• I agree that they force seasons out and that the quality of their movies and shows is declining.

• I think that Netflix is not as popular as it used to be because there are more convenient sites to watch shows on now like Hulu or HBOmax. not only that but they keep adding shows and then taking them off a week later it makes people annoyed and eventually they just stop watching Netflix altogether.

• I agree that Netflix is not as convenient as other services.

• I think that if Netflix is becoming less popular it would be because of their inconsistentsy. I think they add and take away too many shows and change their terms and services too frequently for people to keep up with it. Also, there are other streaming programs that are cheaper and have more popular shows on them.

• I agree that Netflix is very inconsistent with its content. They just can't keep up with these new streaming services anymore.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker