Is Math the most important subject?

Over the past few years, people have been debating whether or not math is the most important subject in school. Most people argue that math is more important than any other subject because of the fact that it is used in almost everything you do. I agree with what most people think because Math can help you and is used in everyday life and in all careers that you can go into from construction to being a doctor.

According to a study at Stanford University, students with a high level of math skills have better decision making and give better visual attention. Since your math and decision making skills are associated with the same part of the brain. In short, this study tells you that math is good for your brain as a whole. Also, math can help you better your life skills such as budgeting, furniture building, and telling time.

Next, math can also help you with your cooking skills and obviously those are needed especially if you live alone or are in college. It can also help your problem solving skills and critical thinking. Because it helps you identify problems and helps you find the best way to solve them. Finally, as a whole, I would say that math is the most important subject due to the fact that it helps you better in everything.

Do you think math is the most important?

What is the most important subject?

https://www.mathnasium.com/steinerranch/news/5-reasons-math-important#:~:text=Math%20increases%20your%20problem%2Dsolving,other%20areas%20of%20your%20life. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree that you shouldn't have to take classes such as geometry or alg 2 even though it isn't a waste of time for some people and a lot of people use that in life. 

• I do think math is a really important subject but I don't know if it is necessarily the most important subject. I think that school should teach more life skills than jsut book smarts. When we get into the real world, yes we are going to need to be book smart, but more importantly is out ability to be book smart.

• I think that math is important but it is not the most important subject. I think we should not take math in high school. I think that we should choose if we want to do math in high school. If you are doing something that has some math in it then you have to take math in high school.

• I agree that math is important and that students should be able to choose whether or not they would like to take math class in high school. I think they should be able to choose based on what they want to do in the future.

• I do think that math is the most important subject. People use math everyday in their lives and need it, although some of the stuff we learn we will never use, I do think that it is necessary to have math skills especially for your future jobs and financial work. 

• Math is not the most important subject in school. If you ask any teacher why they teach math(esspecially harder math), it is only to learn how to solve problems and learn formulas. There are a lot of other more important subjects that are more important than math, suchc as english or science.

• I disagree because math isn't just to learn how to solve problems and learn formulas. Math teaches problem solving skills that you can use in your day to day life. I don't think that science is more important than math because you wont be able to apply most anything you learn in there in your day to day life.

• I think math is the most important subject by far because you can use it for everyday things like cooking, building, financial stuff, etc. However, I think some math is not that important but rather used to help us problem solve.

• I agree math is used in almost everything you do everyday and mostly the things you list are those. I also agree that some math isn't as important but it does help us develop problem solving skills.

• I think math is one of the most important subjects, we use math everywhere we go and for every job no matter what. But also you need english because if we couldnt read or write then we wouldn't have a job and we read everywhere we go also. It is important to know both math and english. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker