Is Math the most important subject?

Over the past few years, people have been debating whether or not math is the most important subject in school. Most people argue that math is more important than any other subject because of the fact that it is used in almost everything you do. I agree with what most people think because Math can help you and is used in everyday life and in all careers that you can go into from construction to being a doctor.

According to a study at Stanford University, students with a high level of math skills have better decision making and give better visual attention. Since your math and decision making skills are associated with the same part of the brain. In short, this study tells you that math is good for your brain as a whole. Also, math can help you better your life skills such as budgeting, furniture building, and telling time.

Next, math can also help you with your cooking skills and obviously those are needed especially if you live alone or are in college. It can also help your problem solving skills and critical thinking. Because it helps you identify problems and helps you find the best way to solve them. Finally, as a whole, I would say that math is the most important subject due to the fact that it helps you better in everything.

Do you think math is the most important?

What is the most important subject?

https://www.mathnasium.com/steinerranch/news/5-reasons-math-important#:~:text=Math%20increases%20your%20problem%2Dsolving,other%20areas%20of%20your%20life. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• In my opion the basic math is important but once you get passed that then there is no point. For example people only need to learn about geomatry if they are going to become a math teacher and teach only geomatry. Math in somewhat important but not really. 

• I think that math is very important, however I also think that for some people it is not important to a level. I think that math is very important but not to the level at which it is required. I think that people should know how to multiply and add and a few other things like that but I think that for some people it is not a need to learn much more than that. 

• I think that math is very important but not the most important. Honestly, I think that we should just stop learning math when we get into high school and just take the math class we need for whatever we are planning to be in life.

• I agree that students shouldn't be forced to take a math class but rather have the option depending on what they want to do after they graduate from high school.

• I do think that math is important subject becuase you need math in pretty much every job out there in the real world. For example you need math in Carptentry, Banking, cooking,and shopping. 

• I think that math is the most important subject because you need math for everything you do. I do think that some of the math we learn is unnecessary, like geometry, we don't need that.  But, you need math for cooking, shopping, and handling your money. 

• I agree math is definetely used in everything you do in life. Also, some math is definetely unnecessary such as geometry considering we don't need to understand why or why isn't something a triangle.

• My opinion is that math is the most important subject due to the fact that it helps you better in everything. Math is good. It helps  your problem solving skills and critical thinking. That is very important for problem solving and real world problems

• I think that math is not the most important subject out there. Depending on what a student is planning on doing for the rest of their life different subjects could be more important than others. Math is still very important for helping people make and spend money.

• I agree it does depend on what the student is planning on doing for the rest of their life and there may be better subjects for that career but I think the best subject all around is math.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker