Is Math the most important subject?

Over the past few years, people have been debating whether or not math is the most important subject in school. Most people argue that math is more important than any other subject because of the fact that it is used in almost everything you do. I agree with what most people think because Math can help you and is used in everyday life and in all careers that you can go into from construction to being a doctor.

According to a study at Stanford University, students with a high level of math skills have better decision making and give better visual attention. Since your math and decision making skills are associated with the same part of the brain. In short, this study tells you that math is good for your brain as a whole. Also, math can help you better your life skills such as budgeting, furniture building, and telling time.

Next, math can also help you with your cooking skills and obviously those are needed especially if you live alone or are in college. It can also help your problem solving skills and critical thinking. Because it helps you identify problems and helps you find the best way to solve them. Finally, as a whole, I would say that math is the most important subject due to the fact that it helps you better in everything.

Do you think math is the most important?

What is the most important subject?

https://www.mathnasium.com/steinerranch/news/5-reasons-math-important#:~:text=Math%20increases%20your%20problem%2Dsolving,other%20areas%20of%20your%20life. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think math might be the most important subject because most jobs include math. Many different career paths need or include math and english. Construction workers, or any job related to that, especially need math. They need it in order to know how big something needs to be.

• I think math is really important because yes we really use math for almost everything, but i woulndt say is the most important subject. I would say that english is the most important subject because we need to know how to speak correcly and write english correcly if we want a really good job.

• I think math is not the most impotant subject, I think this because most things we learn in math we won't need for our whole lifes. If anything english is the most important. It will help us wrote resumes and make good first impressions. It's more important to know how to spell then know how to do geomertry.

• I think that math is the most important subject because you use it in every subject. everyday you use math atleast once an thats why it is most important.

• I think shop is the most importrant subject becasue you are gonna need it in life more than math, though math is good for some things its not the best. Also English because you will need to know how to write.

• I disagree because a majority of people don't build things for a living. Also, you need to know math to be able to measure and stuff like that in shop class.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker