Is Math the most important subject?

Over the past few years, people have been debating whether or not math is the most important subject in school. Most people argue that math is more important than any other subject because of the fact that it is used in almost everything you do. I agree with what most people think because Math can help you and is used in everyday life and in all careers that you can go into from construction to being a doctor.

According to a study at Stanford University, students with a high level of math skills have better decision making and give better visual attention. Since your math and decision making skills are associated with the same part of the brain. In short, this study tells you that math is good for your brain as a whole. Also, math can help you better your life skills such as budgeting, furniture building, and telling time.

Next, math can also help you with your cooking skills and obviously those are needed especially if you live alone or are in college. It can also help your problem solving skills and critical thinking. Because it helps you identify problems and helps you find the best way to solve them. Finally, as a whole, I would say that math is the most important subject due to the fact that it helps you better in everything.

Do you think math is the most important?

What is the most important subject?

https://www.mathnasium.com/steinerranch/news/5-reasons-math-important#:~:text=Math%20increases%20your%20problem%2Dsolving,other%20areas%20of%20your%20life. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think math is very important and you learn lots of things from math, but i wouldnt say its the most important subject. Some people use math a lot for their jobs and some dont use it at all. It just all deoends on what you want to be when you grow up

• In my opinion, I don't think math is the most important, because a lot of jobs don't end up using a lot of math, but it's still good to know some math. I think that English is a more important subject, because you use English in almost every day, wether your writing an essay for college, or making a resume for a job.

• I think math and English are the most important subjects because in every job you do you have to know them two skills. If you didn't know how to do simple math equations you would struggle. Now you might be able to get by with using your phone but it's better to know what is going on.

• I think that to a certain level, math is the most important. However, when you get into higher levels of math like college or algebra two, then it starts to become less important. Most people don't need to know all of that math. I think business classes are more important.

• I agree that the higher difficulty math is less important than some other things but math in general just basic math I think is the most important thing to learn in life.

• I feel like it is an important subject but not the most important. I think that personal finance is the most important because it teaches us how to write checks and take money out of your bank account. It also teaches us about intrest and how to do your taxes.

• I agree personal finance is definetely important. But, what do you need to know how to do to be able to do personal finance? You need to know how to do math even though you have a calculator you have to know how to use it.

• At the very least, basic math/algebra is a required skill to live your life, especially because of society's reliance on math. There are a few math subjects we learn that people, who aren't going into a math-centered career, wouldn't need to know. And most people are not going into those types of jobs.

• I agree you definetely need to know how to do the basic math that you listed such as algebra. I do think that it is a required skill to live life. Even though most  people won't need the much more advanced levels of math.

• I think math is very important and is probably the most important to a certain level. I think certain math skills are useful like adding, subtracting, multiplication, and divition. However, the stuff weve been doing more recently feels like busy work. Im not actually going to use Sin and Cos in the real world. But like I said math is very important but really just the basics are all you really need. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker