According to experts,  living in the city  is more beneficial and provides more opportunites to its citizens.  By living in the city more opportunities for jobs, social activities, and amenities are available. People have access to many different stores and more options for education. Entertainment and other things people enjoy aren't far away. The average number of people living in a smaller city is 100,000 people, meaning cities can be stressful and chaotic for some people. With high populations, traffic, pollution, and crime rates are very high. 

Country living provides a peaceful environment with cleaner air, less noise, more privacy, more space and more safety. Living in the country is less stressful than a dirty, noisy city. Living in the country can better your health and decrease health risks. Pollution rates run high in busy cities with many factors increasing the rate including factories and car traffic. In the country, few factors contribute to the health of the air. This means living in the country is more beneficial to your health. With little to no neighbors, the traffic is low and it's very quiet if that's what you prefer. There are a lot more pros to living in the country compared to the city.

I don’t think that living in the city is more beneficial than living in the country. I live in the country now and when I am older I want to live outside of a smaller town away from people. I enjoy the quiet and peacefulness of the country now and wouldn’t want that to change. I wouldn’t ever want to live in the city. I think that living in the country is more beneficial to people's health and well-being.

Do you live in the country or the city?

When you are older, where do you want to live?

Which do you think is more beneficial?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that living in either the country or city is really good just because each has many pros to it. When I am older, I think that I will most likely live in a town, not the country. Just because then I can go to the store and stuff like that pretty easily.

• I live in the city however I would like to live in the country. I say that living in the country brings dirty work ethics and working with farm animals such as pigs, cows, sheep, horses, etc... In the country, you don't have to deal with neighbors or annoying cars honking or other things and you can just enjoy the piece and not be annoyed by everything around you in the city.

• I live in the city, however, I would rather live out in the country. I say this because living out in the country brings more common sense and more work. Out in the country you gotta deal with the cards your dealt with and overall brings more life skills in my opinion.

• I agree, more skills are taught when you live in the country. 

• I live in the country and I dont think I could ever live in the city befcaus of how many people and house are in a litle amount of room. When I get older I will live in the country because living in the city is to costrophombic.

• I have lived in a "city" my whole life and plan on moving when im older. Living in the country I think is better because you can do way more when you dont have a house right next to you. I think that living in the country is way more beneficial then living in the city.

• I have lived in a "city" my whole life. When I get older I would like to live in the country. I think that there are many benefits to living in both. In a bigger city, you are closer to many restaurants/stores. I want to live in the country because, like living in a small town, I enjoy the peacefulness and quiet. I would not like to hear major traffic all the time. 

• I also wouldn't want to hear traffic or drive through it all the time.

• I live in the country. When I get older, I'm not sure yet if I want to live in the country or the city. Living in the city can give kids more opportunities, but the small town/rural community also teaches kids a lot. I enjoy the country because it is quiet, and the city is constantly loud. During college I will live in the city, and then I will see which I prefer.

• I do think that experiencing both would help to make a decision. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker