According to experts,  living in the city  is more beneficial and provides more opportunites to its citizens.  By living in the city more opportunities for jobs, social activities, and amenities are available. People have access to many different stores and more options for education. Entertainment and other things people enjoy aren't far away. The average number of people living in a smaller city is 100,000 people, meaning cities can be stressful and chaotic for some people. With high populations, traffic, pollution, and crime rates are very high. 

Country living provides a peaceful environment with cleaner air, less noise, more privacy, more space and more safety. Living in the country is less stressful than a dirty, noisy city. Living in the country can better your health and decrease health risks. Pollution rates run high in busy cities with many factors increasing the rate including factories and car traffic. In the country, few factors contribute to the health of the air. This means living in the country is more beneficial to your health. With little to no neighbors, the traffic is low and it's very quiet if that's what you prefer. There are a lot more pros to living in the country compared to the city.

I don’t think that living in the city is more beneficial than living in the country. I live in the country now and when I am older I want to live outside of a smaller town away from people. I enjoy the quiet and peacefulness of the country now and wouldn’t want that to change. I wouldn’t ever want to live in the city. I think that living in the country is more beneficial to people's health and well-being.

Do you live in the country or the city?

When you are older, where do you want to live?

Which do you think is more beneficial?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree, being closer to stores and other things would be nice but I want to keep the privacy. 

• there are ups and downs to living in the city, sure there are more job opportunities but getting anywhere by car takes a long time and the noise never ends even at night it can be annoying and many people can be unnecessarily rude. there are also downsides to the country things are few and far apart. but the nights are quiet and the pollution is not as much.

• I don't live in the country, but I used to when I was younger. I'd say living in the country is more beneficial because there aren't any neighbors. Although I think country is more beneficial, I will probably live in the city when I'm older because it's closer to stores and schools.

• I agree, having no neighbors is really nice.

• I live in the " city " more of an urbal area but you know what i mean. Ive always wanted to live in the country but my parents never really got around to it. even though they constantly talked about moving to the country. But then i moved to colorado. when im older i want to live in the country. The country is more safe and has more space to live YOUR life not everyone elses. Living in the city is better for money and gas wise, but if you want to be more happy i suggest living in the country.

• I live in town, but I wish I didn't. Living in the country seems so much more quiet, and peaceful. When i'm older, I don't want to live on a farm, but I don't want to live in town. So I think just living outside of a small town with a huge yard would be nice.

• I think that the peacefulness of the country is a lot better than the city.

• I think both can be benificial depending on your own personal life style. For me, I would rather live in the city because to me I feel there is more to do and more opportunities close by. However, if its a small town like Harlan, I would rather live on the outsides of town so it just depends. 

• I live in the country but not very far outside of Harlan. When I'm older I want to live in the country so I can have animals. I think it depends which one is more beneficial based on the things you want. If you don't want to drive far to get to the store then you should probably live in the city, but if you want to have animals and other things you can't have in the city then I'd live in the country. 

• I agree, it is more of a personal preference based on what they want. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker