According to experts,  living in the city  is more beneficial and provides more opportunites to its citizens.  By living in the city more opportunities for jobs, social activities, and amenities are available. People have access to many different stores and more options for education. Entertainment and other things people enjoy aren't far away. The average number of people living in a smaller city is 100,000 people, meaning cities can be stressful and chaotic for some people. With high populations, traffic, pollution, and crime rates are very high. 

Country living provides a peaceful environment with cleaner air, less noise, more privacy, more space and more safety. Living in the country is less stressful than a dirty, noisy city. Living in the country can better your health and decrease health risks. Pollution rates run high in busy cities with many factors increasing the rate including factories and car traffic. In the country, few factors contribute to the health of the air. This means living in the country is more beneficial to your health. With little to no neighbors, the traffic is low and it's very quiet if that's what you prefer. There are a lot more pros to living in the country compared to the city.

I don’t think that living in the city is more beneficial than living in the country. I live in the country now and when I am older I want to live outside of a smaller town away from people. I enjoy the quiet and peacefulness of the country now and wouldn’t want that to change. I wouldn’t ever want to live in the city. I think that living in the country is more beneficial to people's health and well-being.

Do you live in the country or the city?

When you are older, where do you want to live?

Which do you think is more beneficial?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I live in the city but I want to live in the country because all of my friends that live in the country get to do whatever they want to without any actions reallly and I think that when i am older I would want to live in the north somwhere.

• I think that all kids should at one point in their life live in the country. It is awesome you can do almost anything you can be as loud as you want and no close neighbors. I think that I will never live in a big city I think that its not for me and I like the quiet of the woods.

• I technically live in the country but I still be benefits of living in the city because we live right next to it. When I am older I would live to live in a city until I have children. I think until you have kids it is more beneficial to live in the city because it has more opportunities.

• I would want my kids to grow up in a small town, but not a big city because of saftey.

• My family currently lives in the country and I don't see that changing. When I'm older, I want to live in the country over the city. I think it really depends on the person, but to me, living in the country is more beneficial.

• I agree, it depends on the persons wants and needs. 

• I live in a small town so I'm somewhere in the middle of the city and the country. I would rather live in a city, because there would be more opportunities. I love going around and traveling, but I also like staying home and watching movies. I would rather live in a city where I can reach a store within a 10 mile radius.

• I think that living in the country right outside of a town would be a good idea if you want to be close and still enjoy the peacefulness.

• I think that it just depends on what you are going to do for a future job. If you are going to be a farmer then it would be beneficial to live in the country. But if you are going to do anything else then I would probably recommend living in the city. 

• I live in the small town of Harlan, and living here has given me the opportunity to learn that I do not like this size of the town. I think in my future I would love to live in the country outside of a bigger city, or in a moderate-sized town with more to do and eat. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker