According to experts,  living in the city  is more beneficial and provides more opportunites to its citizens.  By living in the city more opportunities for jobs, social activities, and amenities are available. People have access to many different stores and more options for education. Entertainment and other things people enjoy aren't far away. The average number of people living in a smaller city is 100,000 people, meaning cities can be stressful and chaotic for some people. With high populations, traffic, pollution, and crime rates are very high. 

Country living provides a peaceful environment with cleaner air, less noise, more privacy, more space and more safety. Living in the country is less stressful than a dirty, noisy city. Living in the country can better your health and decrease health risks. Pollution rates run high in busy cities with many factors increasing the rate including factories and car traffic. In the country, few factors contribute to the health of the air. This means living in the country is more beneficial to your health. With little to no neighbors, the traffic is low and it's very quiet if that's what you prefer. There are a lot more pros to living in the country compared to the city.

I don’t think that living in the city is more beneficial than living in the country. I live in the country now and when I am older I want to live outside of a smaller town away from people. I enjoy the quiet and peacefulness of the country now and wouldn’t want that to change. I wouldn’t ever want to live in the city. I think that living in the country is more beneficial to people's health and well-being.

Do you live in the country or the city?

When you are older, where do you want to live?

Which do you think is more beneficial?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I live in a small town. I would not consider it a city becasue we dont even have a gas station. I want to live in a small town when Im older. I hatge big big citys. I also hate small towns with nothing in them. Therefore I feel I wanna live in more of a city. Good topic. 

• I also don't like big cities but do think it would be important to be somewhat close to stores. 

• I wouldnt like to live in the city just becasue the country or in little towns is a lot quieter and peaceful. i think the city might be a little better when you need groceries or something becasue a lot of people drive down there for that and there is more options for clothing, jobs and food. I want to live in country or small town

• I agree, there are benefits to both but I wouldn't want to live in the city. 

• In Spain I live in the city and I have always live there. When I am older I would like to live in the city. I think that both have beneficial things. The country is more peaceful, less contaminated and there is more nature, but in the city there is more job opportunities, more stores and more activities to do. 

• I live in the country and the only time I would plan on living in a city is during college. I would probably live there till I'm done with school then go back to living in a small town because I don't think I will like it. After I am done with school and college I want to live in the country.

• I agree, the only time I plan on living in the city would be for college.

• I currently live in the country and I may live in the city for a short time for college but when I grow up I plan on living in the country. I think that the country is better in everyway except for the obvious lack of things that are close, The city has unclean air, lots of traffic, and lots of crime.

• I live in the country, 1.5 miles NW of Kimballton, so pretty much in the middle of nowhere. I plan on farming and I hope to live at the acreage I live at now. I think that it varies on what your priorities and career are. For me, the country is more beneficial than living in the city.

• I also think the country is more beneficial than the city.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker