Is it better to be good at academics or at athletics?

Would you rather be better at academics or athletics? This question’s answer depends on each individual person. The person’s goals, interests, and priorities come into play when debating this topic. Both options have many advantages and offer opportunities in careers and personal growth. While academics can further your education and possible high-paying careers, athletics can further a future of professional sports. But, it is important to understand that a balance between the two is a main contribution to a well-rounded life.

There are many advantages to being stronger at academics than athletics. Excelling in academics can set you up for a solid foundation in the workforce. It opens up doors to a higher education, scholarships, and other opportunities. Pursuing a life of academics can encourage you to contribute to society in a meaningful way and continues to make you more knowledgeable about the world around you.

On the other hand, being better in the athletic field can have its own advantages. It increases your physical health, which is important in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and reducing possible diseases. Being more athletic can open up many opportunities for a professional career in sports. Athletes can get good financial rewards and many other perks, while doing something they love

In my opinion, I would rather be stronger in academics versus being stronger in athletics. I believe that being smarter would further me for my future aspirations. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do as a career, but I do know that being better in academics would definitely give me an advantage for my future. This is a very subjective topic and could go both ways depending on the person and what they want for themselves.

Would you rather be more athletic or more academically strong? Why?

Are you planning for your future to be more involved in athletics or academics?

Do you think its better to be smarter or sportier?

Sources

https://sportsmedicineweekly.com/sports/the-positive-impact-of-sport-on-education/

https://www.crayonskills.com/sports-vs-academics/#:

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree, there are pros for more options, but in todays society, it would be more beneficial to be academically stronger. It is ideal for everyone to get some sort of physical hobby aswell.

• I rather be more athletic than academically strong because I rather be an athlete than be smart. I think it will probably be more athletics than academics. I think its better to be smart and also be in sports so you stay in shape.

• I think it would be good to be very strong in both categories however most big athletic names didn't do well in school but they still are making millions a year. Not saying people who do really well in school can make just as much as these big named athletes.  

• I would rather be more academically strong because personally it would set me up for a better future, it would give me the resources I need to know for different jobs and outcomes that will happen in my life. I am planning for my future to be more academically involved, I don't think that I could do a sport as a job. I think that being smarter or better at sports is better for different people, some people are very athletic, so being more athletically strong would be better for them.

• I agree. For me personally, it would be better be stronger academically, but if someone were to want to pursue a career in athletics, being stronger in that would be more beneficial for them.

• I would rather be academically strong because I feel that I could get better-paying jobs than if I were athletically strong. I feel you have more Job opportunities that you can take if you're academically strong. 

• It's a hard choice to make since I really like volleyball, but I would rather be academically strong. If you're good at academics you can do really well in the future and get a good job and be rich but if you're more athletic you could get paid if you're good enough, but if you get hurt or something happens then you won't have anything to do to make money. I'm planning for my future to be more academic. I think either way is good. 

• Yes, it can be a difficult decision for people who enjoy sports, but want to pursue a more academically strong career, but either choice would benefit you in many ways.

• I also would rather be more academically strong. It is important for everyone to get the best of both worlds though.

• I would rather be more academically strong than being athletic because there are more job opportunities that last longer if you are academically strong. The smarter you are the more colleges want you and the better the chance of getting into a good college and eventually getting a great job.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker