Is the Corona Flu Coming Back?

As you know covid-19 was a worldwide disease that affected millions of people in different ways. According to the New York Times, hospitalizations increased 24 percent on August 12. All year covid spikes have been on and off, although we are in the best place we've been since the pandemic began back in 2019. There are still lots of signs that covid could come back. But we are coming up with more and more solutions to prevent the spread of covid not only in our local cities, but all around the world.

There has been talk of covid part II as we get the northern hemisphere moves towards winter. But Epidemiologists have quickly come up with a vaccine before it ever evolves. But apparently it is spawning different versions of itself, the latest sub-variants being called EG.5, nicknamed "Eris" after the Greek goddess of strife and discord. This one is supposed to be more infectious, and has accounted for over a quarter of cases. but there has been a stop to reporting cases and deaths.

Some of the more recent protocols if you test positive for covid is you have to stay isolated for at least five days, do not travel, don't share personal items, open windows gets some air flow. During covid it changed many people I think in a way it was an awakening for the world, it was mother nature telling us that we need to be thankful for what we have. We all remember covid and how it affected us, so imagine if we had to do that again. 

I personally think covid is coming back, or just a new version because more and more people are getting sick everyday in our school.

Do you think the vaccine works?

Do you think covid is coming back?

What was the worst thing that you remember about quarantine?

https://www.nytimes.com/

https://www.gavi.org/

https://www.mymdnow.com/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I do think covid is kind of working its way back mainly because school has started back up again and with everyone being around more people. I dont think the vaccine is 100% going to prevent you from getting covid because it dosent make people immune from covid, but makes your symptoms not as bad if you get the virus. 

• Yeah for sure, being in school could affect people getting sick.

• I think covid is coming back because school started and its starting to get colder outside. I think the worst thing I remember about quarantine was not being able to see my friends. 

• Yeah i agree with you about how its getting cold which could make people sick, Also yeah i was sad when I couldn't see my friends.

• I personally did not get the vaccine because i do not belive that it would work. I think that covid is defintley spreading more and more again, i got covid not to long ago and it keeps spreading and getting worse.

• Yeah, COVID has got to be coming back ecspically not that winters coming.

• I think that covid is going around again, but it's not as bad as the first time because of the vaccines. The vaccines do work, they don't make people immune from covid, but they make it so if you were to get covid, the symptons aren't as bad.

• I agree with you about the vaccines, but I dont think they get immune to covid though it just fights of the virus.

• I think the vaccine works for a certain amount of time. During the pandemic when everyone started getting the vaccines, numbers went down. However, covid is coming back. I hated quarantine because of how boring it was.

• I agree that the vaccine works for a certain time, and yeah quarentine was boring

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker