Is the Corona Flu Coming Back?

As you know covid-19 was a worldwide disease that affected millions of people in different ways. According to the New York Times, hospitalizations increased 24 percent on August 12. All year covid spikes have been on and off, although we are in the best place we've been since the pandemic began back in 2019. There are still lots of signs that covid could come back. But we are coming up with more and more solutions to prevent the spread of covid not only in our local cities, but all around the world.

There has been talk of covid part II as we get the northern hemisphere moves towards winter. But Epidemiologists have quickly come up with a vaccine before it ever evolves. But apparently it is spawning different versions of itself, the latest sub-variants being called EG.5, nicknamed "Eris" after the Greek goddess of strife and discord. This one is supposed to be more infectious, and has accounted for over a quarter of cases. but there has been a stop to reporting cases and deaths.

Some of the more recent protocols if you test positive for covid is you have to stay isolated for at least five days, do not travel, don't share personal items, open windows gets some air flow. During covid it changed many people I think in a way it was an awakening for the world, it was mother nature telling us that we need to be thankful for what we have. We all remember covid and how it affected us, so imagine if we had to do that again. 

I personally think covid is coming back, or just a new version because more and more people are getting sick everyday in our school.

Do you think the vaccine works?

Do you think covid is coming back?

What was the worst thing that you remember about quarantine?

https://www.nytimes.com/

https://www.gavi.org/

https://www.mymdnow.com/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Like all illnesses covid is going to come back each year. I think vaccines do in fact work but there are so many leading factors in people continuing to get sick. Covid cannot be erased completly, it will continue to get people sick. 

• I strongly agree with you about people continuing to get sick. Also I agree that covid cannot be erased completly.

• I think covid might be coming back. Latley there has been more cases of it coming back around then there was before. I think with there not being any antibiotics for releif it makes the virus hang around longer and spread to more people. 

• Yes, I 100% agree that there not being antiebiotics for releif which making i stay longer.

• I beleive, that, like all vaccienes, it works pretty well. I also think that Covid-19 might be something like the flu, were it comes back every year with a new variant that is more deadly or contagious. I think that like the flu shot, we will have to take a corona shot too every year. The worst thing I remeber about quaritine is the fact that we couldn't see movies in the movie theater.

• You make a good point that every year covid comes back with a new varient, and yeah I also missed going to the theaters.

• I think the vaccines work. However, there is a new strain out there that is makinhg people sick. That is why there is a resurgance of covid cases.

• I agree with what your saying about there is a new strain out there that is making people sick.

• This reply was deleted.
    • I agree that covid will come back, but i don't think it would come back every year because the vaccines would get more evolved.

• I think covid might be coming back. The talk of covid went down in the past 6 months, but recently I have been hearing about more cases. I don't think the outbreak of the "new" covid will be as bad as the last outbreak. If people hear about it then they will be more prepared this time and take more precautions.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker