Is Being An Only Child Better Than Having Siblings?

Is being an only child better than having siblings? 

Parents usually spend more time with an only child. Having other siblings causes less one on one time with parents. Don't get me wrong I love my little siblings but I wish I were an only child so I could spend more time with my parents. 

There are disadvantages to being an only child. One of the disadvantages is that the child could become lonely with no other kids their age to play and fight with. Another thing is sharing with other kids since this child has been an only child they won't know how to share with other kids when they go to school/play dates. An only child feels it's difficult to interact with other kids too because all they are used to is their parents. 

Kids growing up with siblings generally spend more time with each other rather than with their parents. Their relationship is likely to last longer and they can shape up against each other's personalities. They get to understand the value of relationships, love, and family at an early age. Children will be able to strengthen their communication skills by watching and listening to their siblings. The older sibling is most likely the role model and the younger sibling will learn faster. 

What are your thoughts on having siblings or being an only child? 

When you can have kids, will you have one or multiple? Why? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• being an only child is fun I am an only child with my mom but I think I got a bit spoiled when I was younger. when my siblings came along I got a lot less spoild and I was not a very nice kid. 

• I dont think being an only child is better becusae then you cant enjoy what its like having somone teach you what to do and what not to do. I think I will have kids when I am around 23 and I am going to have two to three kids

• In my opinon having siblings is mostly beneficial. It helps children learn to share and not have the attention on them the whole time. I personally wouldn't like being an only child so when I get older I would like to have more than one child so they can learn different values like sharing. 

• I think that having siblings is better than being an only child because you have someone closer to your age to relate to other than just your school peers. If I ever have any kids I would like one or two because I'm not sure how good of a mother I would be so I don't know if i would be able to control two, but I'm also not sure if I even want kids yet.

• I personally believe that having one kid causes more problems then having multiple kids. I have a lot of siblings, and I wouldn't choose being an only child over having them as siblings anyday. If you only have one kid, they usually beome spoiled, and they don't learn how to share anything. Also, just because you have more than one kid, doesn't mean you will love them any less.  But, if your kid has siblings, they learn how to share, and care for others at a younger age. So I will definitely not only have one child.

• I agree that having one kid causes lots of problems. yeah, I wouldn't trade my siblings to be an only child. I love my brother and sister too much to give them up. I don't know what I would do without my siblings I might go crazy. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker