Is Becoming Vegan Pointless?

These days more and more people are becoming vegan because they think it is helping save the animals, but is this lifestyle actually better for the world? Becoming vegan is a bad idea because it is impossible to avoid using any animal products, veganism harms wild animals, and the vegan diet is not healthy.

A vegan's goal is to not eat or use any animal products because they think it saves animals lives, and is better for the world. However, vegans rarely realize how many products have some type of material made from animals in them. Many beauty products contain products from animals. For example, make-up, nail polish, perfume and more all come from animals. Some of the fluids in your car also contain animal products, and if you think that a Tesla doesn’t use animal products because it doesn’t have an engine, the leather in the interior is made from animal skin also. There are so many products that include things from animals to be made, and I would encourage you to read about some sometime.

Many vegans believe by eating only vegetables it will save animals' lives, however, this is not exactly true. Farmers are having to find more land to farm because of the increasing demand for plants. This is causing farmers to take more land to grow plants, which takes away from wild animals habitats. Without the correct habitat, animals do not have the correct environment to live in. Farmers are trying to use GMOs to produce more plants in less land, but people have a problem with that too, even though GMOs do not harm anything.

Without eating animal products like meat, humans can not naturally get the correct nutrients they need to live healthily. Without eating foods from animals people will start to have deficiencies in vitamin B12, iron, magnesium, calcium, zinc, and high quality protein. People will also experience a lack of omega-3. A lack of omega-3 is likely to cause depression. A lack of omega-3 is also known to help develop schizophrenia, dementia, bipolar disorders and more.

Several studies show that living a vegan lifestyle does not have major effects in helping the world, and the vegan diet is not healthy. Only the bad things that happen on bad farms tend to get spread to the public, which spreads the view that animal farming is very cruel and inhuman, however, I can tell you from experience that not all animal farms are that way. All in all, a vegan lifestyle is not smart, because it still harms wild animals, it is not healthy and more. So if you are contemplating becoming vegan, I would encourage you not to, and thank a farmer next time you see one.

Do you think becoming vegan is stupid, explain?

Do you think a vegan diet is healthy?

Would you ever become Vegan, explain?

https://www.saintlukeskc.org/about/news/research-shows-vegan-diet-leads-nutritional-deficiencies-health-problems-plant-forward#:~:text=Compared%20to%20the%20standard%20American,%2C%20and%20high%2Dquality%20protein.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Some people think it isn't pointless but I think it is because some food isn't healthy and you aren't doing anything good for yourself. I would never become a vegan because I would like to eat different kinds of food and not just plants. Some people think vegan food is good but I personally think vegan food isn't good and sometimes doesn't have flavor.

•  I don't think that it is pointless, for some people. However, for me and my family yes it is pointless. I don't think it is a healthy diet. Just because it is labeled "vegan" does not mean its healthy. I think that vegan food is way more processed. I would personally never become vegan. 

• I agree, people tend to think that things labeled vegan are more healthy. In reality, those products probably processed much more than regular foods, and do not have as much nutrients.

• I don't think that becoming vegan is completely pointless, some people become vegan for medical reasons and not to save the animals. being vegan can be harmful to the animals due to the lack of land but it can also be healthier for others.

• Becoming a vegan for health reasons is not pointless, however, becoming vegan because you think it helps animals is. I understand that some people have vegan diets for health reasons, but the people that do it because they think it helps animals are very naive.

• I have never truly believed in any vegan diet. I don't believe that this type of diet is healthy. It takes a lot of time and money to be able to do this diet and still remain healthy. It is also hard to find good subsitutes. I would never become a vegan, as my family raises beef.

• I agree, a vegan diet takes a lot of time and money. People simply do not get the correct nutrients they need naturally. This causes them to resort to highly processed foods, and vitamins made in factories.

• I don't think that it is pointless, but I don't think that I would ever become vegan. Depending on what kind of foods your eating it can be healthy but it doesn't mean you can eat whatever you want. There is vegan junk food, and just because it is vegan does not make it healthy.

• I think that being vegan is not helping the world because there is only a little part of the population that are. I believe a vegan diet is mostly healthy but you miss out in many proteins which are necessary for our bodies. I would not become vegan because I don't think there would be any difference in the world for me becoming it. 

• I agree, the small portion of the population that is vegan is not having a major effect. If a larger amount of people became vegan the effects of taking away habitats would become even greater, which hurts animals in the long run.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker