Is Artificial Intelligence Good or Bad for Society?

As we all know, artificial intelligence is a very newfound technology in our growing world, while many support and encourage it, others may have different beliefs on what it could do or how it could impact society. There are many reasons to both sides of this newfound technology and what it is capable of. Whilst many are worried are about AI taking over jobs others think that it could do our jobs better than we ever could.

Some of the upsides to using AI- aren't only for production and factory purposes, AI could be used as a command center to complete certain actions quicker and more efficient. Also, AI could be used as a easier and faster way to find information as it can search the internet at light speeds. It also could be used as a program to help and talk to people who are lonely, a great example of AI being used this way is the new snapchat AI chatbot, It was made to help and talk to people as their very own companion. But, AI can be used many other ways to benefit society and its potential is incredible, as we have only scratched the surface of what AI can do.

Although there are many benefits of AI there is some possible downsides such as, it could take away peoples ability of manual labor, and this could be detrimental to society because their are people who value what they do as a job and would not like it to be taken over and done better by a robot. At the same time the AI chatbots could pose a threat to casual interaction, some people could like talking to this AI than other actual people. Another reason is that AI could threat our knowledge at the same time, because while schools teach kids, the AI could just provide answers or do the work for them like the new AI ChatGPT which is doing essays and papers for students and not allowing them to do it on their own and learn the material.

In my opinion I think that the benefits and potential of AI is so great that it would be a shame and a huge mistake to let such an amazing new era in technology go away, I think that AI's potential is to great for it to just be thrown away, it could help fix some world issues extremely fast and do certain things faster and better than humans can, overall I think it would make society a better place and help the world run smoother.

Would you use a AI chatbot?

Do you think AI should be introduced into the workforce?

How would you feel if your job was taken over by a AI?

https://www.procon.org/headlines/artificial-intelligence-ai-top-3-pros-and-cons/ 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with your opinion on the workforce, but when a AI takes a job a new one will be created, one that Ai cannot do, and when your looking at AI in the workforce from a business standpoint, AI could bring in a lot more profit than a person could.

• I don't like AI chatbot, I wouldn't share any information with it because I don't trust it at all. AI would take away many jobs if it were introduced to the workforce and I wouldn't like it if that happened to me. There are a lot of jobs that AI won't be able to do or replace so I don't think that it is concerning. 

• I think AI is advanced enough. If it gets more advances it can start doing our jobs for us. They take our jobs=us not having jobs=no money. People will suffer a lot if scientist/tech people don't stop making artifical intelligence advance. If my job was taken away from AI, I would be upset because they probably would take over other jobs and there would be no other jobs for me to apply at. Which means no money.

• I don't use or want Ai to get any more powerful. These chatbots are learning more and more about us and its creepy. I can agree that in the future Ai might start taking over jobs and I wouldn't be happy if that happened to me.

• I think the AI chatbot is very strange. In my opinion I think it wants peoples information. I think it can help our workforce for more complex jobs. I think AI won't take over our jobs because it will not be able to do blue collar work.

• I totally agree with your standpoint but from a business point of view AI could make them a lot of money

• I would never use AI chatbot because you never know what would happen when it can know your location and everything. I don't think that AI should be introduced into the workforce because it cost a lot and it can take away people's jobs and take people's money too and people will get pissed off at it and mess everything up for the company.

• It does cost a lot but at the efficiency it can do it's job, I think that it can make profit very quickly.

• I dont and wont use AI chatbot becasue I think it is a wast of time and I think it might steal some information from you. I dont think AI should be introduced into work force becasue then if you call a compony then you might just be talking to a robot that might not be able to anser your question.

• I don't think AI is trying to steal information because that is a huge risk for the comoany, and if the compnay is big enough to build a AI such as snapchat, I wouldn't think they would risk their whole company to just get information from users.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker