Is allowing student to play games at school a good idea

Some say they provide experiential learning for the students that play games. Doing so teaches students relative skills more suited to the era. One such skill is creative problem solving which is the best for the future workplaces , according to the organization for economic co-operation and development. Games where students solve math problems in a fantasy environment, can help students master skills such as critical thinking.

Others may say that playing video games messes with people's sleep schedule or job/school work, then you’d much rather have to take a step back and reschedule your time limits. Some people worry about the health issues that come with playing games too much like damaged eyesight, lack of exercise, violent tendencies, even seizures.

I personally think that allowing kids the freedom to play games is a great idea. I feel like if students are allowed to play games they would be more focused when they are in class.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/14/learning/what-students-are-saying-about-video-game-limits-parental-involvement-in-dating-and-road-trips.html

https://today.tamu.edu/2021/09/06/5-reasons-video-games-should-be-more-widely-used-in-school/

Do you believe that games should be allowed in school?

Do you think that games should only be limited to home?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think student's should be allowed to play games. Granted many people would take advantage of this, and many people do, but I think their are some benefits to being able to play games in school. With how advanced technology is, you can really so how creative some of the student's can get.

• People should be able to play games not all games are bad and you can learn from them, if they are done with there school work then what will they do? Sit there and do nothing games are better then nothing. And no I don’t think games should be limited.

•  I don't think we should allow people to play games at school because we are here to learn not play games online. I think that it is more important for students to focus in the classroom. Maybe the information isn't useful or interesting, but students need to learn how to focus for the real world.

• I think that playing games at school should be allowed if the games are school appropriate and the student is doing good in their classes. Also, there are games like Prodigy that can help kids learn math. And puzzle games, chess, checkers, etc, can all help with critical thinking skills.

• I think there is a time and place to play video games, and one of them is home. You can play video games at school only if your allowed and in like study hall or if its for school. Many games are educational for some people and others think there a waste of time.

• I don't think we should allow people to play games at school becuase we are here to learn not play games online. It may be fun to play games on coolmath games but its not exactly what we are here for.

• I think that games should be allowed in school. There are a lot of games played at school that help students learn easier. I feel like it is also important when students need a brain break. When you think of games, you don't think of education. But there are many ways to make games education and fun at the same time. I feel like they are definitely beneficial. 

• I think that it should be allowed for the students to play games in school. A reason for this is games on the computer during study hall or during extra time in class. Another idea is that games shouldn't be blocked on the computers because the students will find a way to play games on them all that does is makes them find different games, they will still play the games though.

• I agree they should allow us to play games. It can make students time for themselves and have less street on their days. We will always find ways to play different games. 

• I don't think that students should be able to play games during class. Most people who play games don't play them to learn, they play them to have fun and not do their work. I think that it is more important for students to focus in the classroom. Maybe the information isn't useful or interesting, but students need to learn how to focus for the real world.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker