Is Alex Murdaugh Guilty?

Alex Murdaugh is a 54-year-old lawyer. He and his family lived in a little town called Islandton in South Carolina. He had 2 sons Buster and Paul, who had died. The Murdaughs basically controlled the town and had it their way, because of their last name and the money that they had. They had multiple properties in the town and their kids were well-known throughout the county.

Buster is the older son and he was a pretty good kid, and Paul was the youngest and he got into some trouble while growing up. Some weird things happened when Paul would get in trouble. He would first tell everyone not to call the police and he would immediately call his grandpa and his dad. There were some small things that had happened that he would do but something changed the night of February 24, 2019. He and his friends were a little older than high school age and liked to have fun on the weekends by drinking. There was a Festival and Paul drove him and his friends on a boat to the Festival. Paul was pretty drunk and was very aggressive with his friends and demanded he drives the boat. He ended up crashing into a bridge throwing 2 people overboard and killing 1 girl, Mallory. When they went to the hospital Alex Murdaugh and his dad were trying to change the story so Paul wouldn’t get in trouble. Later, Paul went to court several times but was never charged with anything too serious.

Things kind of went quiet in the town for a couple of years. Alex Murdaugh was a lawyer with plenty of money but that wasn’t where he was getting all of his money. He was a fraud who was stealing millions of dollars and wasn’t paying his workers and what he agreed to. There were things coming out about him being a fraud, so to “distract” people from that, he came home June 7, 2021, to his wife and son laying in the yard, dead from being shot. From then, many investigators jumped on this case. 

There are many reasons why people think he is guilty, one being that Paul Murdaugh posted a Snapchat video 30 or so minutes before he was shot, and you can hear Alex in the background, and Alex had claimed he was not at the house. The guns used to kill Paul and Maggie were guns that the Murdaughs had at their house. I think that Alex is guilty and I think that there are more stories to come out. I think this guy was very evil and had many more secrets to reveal.

Do you think that Alex Murdaugh is guilty?

Do you think that he has more secrets to him?

Should Paul have been charged with murder for Mallory?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/alex-murdaugh-indicted-murder-charges-summary-timeline-rcna38026 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I believe that Alex Murdaugh is guilty, which makes him a murderer. And in my opinion, almost all murderers have more hidden secrets that get discovered. Maybe this isn't his first murder that he has commited. Many secrets are yet to be revealed.

• I agree, I think he definitely has more secrets that need to be revealed.

• I think that he is gulity, he said he wasn't there but there is video evidence of him being there. And we already know that he lied about many other things, so he's not afraid to lie to get out of trouble. I think he probably does have more secrets, if he's been accused of fraud and murder, I'm willing to bet there are other things he would do.

• I think that Alex is very guilty. It is very unfortunate that many people got "fooled" by the things he did and got away with. I think it is stupid that because of the families' last name and the money that had led Alex and Paul guilty of many things. I think that Paul should have been charged with murder. Paul was drunk and killed somebody because of his actions.

• I agree, I think Paul should have been charged and that they got away with this all because they were the Murdaugh's

• I believe that Alex Murdaugh is guilty. Being in the background of the video can show that he was lying. I think that he has a lot more secrets to reveal and this is just one of them. In my opinion Paul should have been charged with murder for Mallory as he was the driver of the boat and was responsible for it. 

• I agree, I think that him being there definitely shows it was him.

• I think that Alex did not do it, there is many believes he is guilty and non guilty but I think his hands are clean. This could have all been a setup for all we know, or even his son might have just killed himself. Some things are hard to realize but we will never exactly know what happend behind this story.

• I think that it would be very hard to believe him if he lied about not being home because he could have lied about everything else. I thinkt that he could have lied about a lot of other stuff meaning he has other secrets. I think that Paul should have been charged with murder for Mallory or at least with involuntary manslaughter if nothing else.

• I agree, I think Paul should definitely of been charged with something for killing Mallory. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker