Impact of social media on teenagers

I believe that the impact social media has on teenagers was most definitely not the intended purpose. The reason the internet was invented was to let kids and teens have the knowledge of the world at their fingertips but instead of that the internet is being used for almost the exact opposite.

Instead of kids learning how to do multiplication they are learning how to shoot a gun at the age of 5, teens, while been more mature do use it for searching up an answer to a question, they also tend to do various other things like learning how to harm others for fun and even going as far as telling someone to end their own life, and there are two types of ways people react to that, some might have the mindset of “this person doesn’t know me therefore i'm not gonna let them get on my nerves”, or the mindset of letting them get into your head and believing what they say might be true.

But on the other hand the internet isn’t all that bad, it does have the information on anything you’ll want to know, and I do believe that we should be able to have the knowledge but there are some people who need to learn who they are as a person before they get on the internet and try to learn other things that aren’t as important

In conclusion, I believe that the internet is far from being safe and should be used by people who only need the information they need and not for cyberbullying others on video games, and everyone needs to help each other change the negativity of the internet.

Do you think the internet should been banned for certian age groups, if so why and what age?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think it should be banned for anyone but I think it would be smart to have limits or maybe parental controls for kids who need it. You can easy show your age on certain apps and they automatically limit some of that bad stuff. If their is bad things coming on the kids page then the parents can set limits on the phone.

• I think that social media should be banned for cerian age groups. I have noticed that there is more material on social media that kids today cannot handle. This could result in that kind of content being removed, and this certain content may be interesting to some people. I think that when kids reach a certain maturity level they should be able to use social media. 

• I don't think social media should be banned in any age group. I think that because everyone should be able to know whats going around them and the world.

• I think that only certain things should be banned from kids like all of the stuff kids think is popular like that weird toilet and other things. But I also think that actual bad stuff should be band for kids under 13, like things that would give them nightmares.

• I don't think social media should be banned for anyone. Social media lets people see whats happening around the world and helps many of people deal with boredom. when they have nothing to do.

• yes. I do agree with you that it helps us a lot of when we're bored, but there are some people who can't even enjoy the internet because of all the negativity within it, so it still leaves them with nothing to do. 

• I do not think that social media is healthy for teenagers. I have even noticed myself wasting my time just scrolling. Social media is taking the only thing that you can not buy, and that is time. Time is the most valuable asset and it is being thrown away when we are on social media.

• Agreed. I've heard almost all my family members say the same exact thing, and while I also have spent more time on the game then what I truly wanted, I belive that a lot of us should try to unplug and talk to our friends IRL and not through snapchat or insta. 

• I personally think that the internet should be banned for certain age groups in my opinion. I think that social media should be banned for all ages under ten years old. But ultimately I think that it should be up to parents and have it be up to them for when their kid can get on the internet. 

• Athough, the internent may be bad in many apects, I don't necessarly think that the internent shoud be banned for certain age groups, like kids, I don't see that working that well. But I think that it should be up to the parents, they can control if they want to have their kids on the internent or not. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker