Holocaust Denial

The Holocaust was a period that spanned 1933 to 1945 where about 6 million jews died because of Nazi Germany and their policies. The leader of the Nazis, Adolf Hitler, hated Jews because he blamed them for Germany losing WW1 and putting them into a weak position in Europe. First the Jews had to wear special clothes to distinguish them from others, then they weren’t allowed in certain places, then they were sent to concentration camps where they were killed, experiment on, and even worked to death. We have evidence of these horrible things happening, we have firsthand accounts of what happened, some people who survived these events are still alive today, yet some people deny it happened.

A holocaust denier thinks that the holocaust didn’t happen or that it didn’t happen to the extent that people think. The Institute for Historical Review, formed by Willis Carto in 1978, was the first major organization that denied the holocaust, of deniers existed before this but this was a group who could spread more propaganda. Carto’s German counterpart, Ernst Zundel, is a big figure in holocaust denial, although he died in 2017. Zundel made the Samisdat Publishers in Toronto, Canada in 1977, this company does not exist anymore. This company published the Leuchter Report, which swabbed the walls of gas chambers in Auschwitz, this report is very biased.  Zundel is also banned from Austria, Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, South Africa, and Lithuania.

I believed that the Holocaust did happen because of the evidence we have, like pictures, real survivors, and structures.

Do you think the Holocaust happened?

What is your opinion on Holocaust Deniers?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree, we have so much evidence that this happened.

• The Holocaust definitely did happen. I don't know how it could even be a question if it did or didn't happen. We have people who were still alive from it to tell. We have pictures and places that can support. I think that the people who deny it, need to take a closer look at the evidence there is.

• I agree but these deniers have looked at the evidence and they choose to deny.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker