History of the NFL pro bowl

The NFL pro bowl started back in 1951 when the first pro bowl game was played. It's an annual all-star game where the best players from each conference the AFC and the NFC face off. This game is always a fun way for both teams to showcase the top players in the NFL. Over the years the pro bowl has become beloved tradation in the NFL, it's an easy way for fans to see their best player perform in more of a relaxed setting. These games are a way elite athletes can come together for a friendly but competitive game without getting hurt. The pro bowl has evolved over the years to include not just the game itself, but also various events like the skills challeneges and some other community things. Some standout moments over the years have been when Sean Taylor intercepted a pass and returned it for a touchdown or when Jamaal Charles had an impressive three touchdown performence. The pro bowl is a very important game for players to kick back and have some fun instead of it being buisness-like. Some people think that it's pointless because the players may not give their max effort all the time, or theirs a risk of injury but I think It's a cool way to play football with all these talanted players.

Questions:

What's your opinion on the pro bowl?

What would you change about it?

Whats your favorite NFL team?

Sources: 

https://www.profootballhof.com/blogs/2020/10/blogs-stories-from-the-pro-football-hall-of-fame-archives-birth-of-nfls-pro-bowl-came-in-1938/

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/probowl/index.htm

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I thought the pro bowl was a pretty cool idea and interesting to see who would win but overall the pro bowl began to lose interest in it when they kind of stopped carring for it. The only things that I would try and change about the pro bowl was to try harder to make it more interesting instead of boring. My favorite team would have to be the Atlantic Falcons.

• I like the Pro Bowl, I think that it is a cool idea. Now since the players don't try as hard it isn't as fun to watch. It does make sense that those players don't want to try as hard because they don't want to hurt themselves for the next football season. I don't have a favorite team.

• I think the pro bowl is cool and it's an honor to be a part of it. However it used to be more fun to watch since they tried harder. However, I think the main point of it is to recognize the top football players in the world and for them to just have some fun.

• I agree with you, they don't really try as hard anymore but it's still cool to recognize everyone.

• I thought the pro bowl was cool when they tried but when they stopped trying I kind of lost interest. I think changing it to flag football makes more sense. My favorite NFL team is the Seattle Seahawks.

• I agree with you the switch to flag football makes sense to help prevent injuries.

• I think that the Pro Bowl was a great idea, I think that it isn't as fun as it used to be though, what I would change would about it would be bring the old pro bowl from when I was younger. It would always be fun to watch it, and my favorite NFL team is the Baltimore Ravens.

• I like the idea of a probowl. Taking the best statistic based palyers and putting them in a game with other great players to see who is the better team. Im my eyes I see it as an olympic football game. I think that its a fantastic Idea, but one that would get hard to determain entrys. 

• Ive always thought the Pro Bowl was a good idea and a good statistic for players who are the best at their position. However, in recent years players stopped caring about it and want to make sure they are the healthiest they can be for the next season. My favorite team is the Minnesota Vikings.  

• With the NFL teams I dont really have a favorite team And if i could try and change it so that the Pro bowl it could go and just start to start a lot earlier in the year to happen like when it needs to do it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker