history of Florida

There are a lot of things that people don't know about florida. They became a state on March, 3rd 1845. When I think about Florida I think about how hot and nice it is but, I learned that Florida has gotten to -2 before.

One thing that you may not know about Florida is that it was under colonial rule by Spain from the 16th century to the 19th century, and briefly by Great Britain during the 18th century. They stopped having control over them in 1783. This also means that they were named after something in Spain. They were named after the Spanish festival  La Pascua Florida after the Spanish festival Pascua Florida, which means "festival of flowers."

One fun fact is that the First Integrated Professional Baseball Game for African Americans. Took Place in Florida Jackie Robinson the first professional basketball player. Played a training game in Dayton Beach,Florida. Another one is that Florida is the flattest state in america. When I think of flat states I think of flat states I think of Nebraska somewhere in the midwest.

I love traveling to Florida and being on the beach. This is one of the reasons why I go. I want to go to Disney World some time. Did you know that Orlando is one of the most visited cities because of disney world. I go to Jacksonville to see my cousins. Outside of Alaska, Jacksonville is the biggest country. Nearly 2 times the size of Los Angeles.

link  

link

Have you been to Florida? If so, have you ever gone to Disney World ?

Did you learn anything new? 

Do you like or play basketball?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Lucky! i love florida!

• I have never been to Florida but I think that it would be fun. I think that if I went to Florida I would try and go to Disney World because it is an experience that I would get, that I wouldn't get in Iowa. When I play basketball, I only play for fun. It is also a fun sport to watch.

• I haven't gone to Flordia but my family is talking about going this summer. I think Disney World would be fun in Flordia. I also have played basketball since I was a kid. It Football has always been my favorite but I still liked to play basketball if my friends played.

• I have been to Florida a few times and I love it. I have been to Disney World before but I was very young. I have played basketball all the way up until this year. I have never really liked it but i've played it to be a multi sport athlete.

• Florida is very fun! 

• I have not. Yes i learned alot. No.

• If you get  a chance you should go! 

• I have not gone to Florida but I would like to. I did learn some new things about Florida like Orlando is one of the most visited cities because of Disney world. I do like basketaball a lot and I do play it.

• I have never been to Florida and never been to Disney World. When my family goes on vacation, we don't really go to beachy places, more mountain places. It is a suprise to me that Flordia was once run by Spain. It would be fun to go sometime.

• I have been to Florida, but I didn't go to Disney. Instead I went to a beach near Destin and spent the week with my family there. I have never played basketball on an actual team but I've played with my friends, and I'm not good at it. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker