history of Florida

There are a lot of things that people don't know about florida. They became a state on March, 3rd 1845. When I think about Florida I think about how hot and nice it is but, I learned that Florida has gotten to -2 before.

One thing that you may not know about Florida is that it was under colonial rule by Spain from the 16th century to the 19th century, and briefly by Great Britain during the 18th century. They stopped having control over them in 1783. This also means that they were named after something in Spain. They were named after the Spanish festival  La Pascua Florida after the Spanish festival Pascua Florida, which means "festival of flowers."

One fun fact is that the First Integrated Professional Baseball Game for African Americans. Took Place in Florida Jackie Robinson the first professional basketball player. Played a training game in Dayton Beach,Florida. Another one is that Florida is the flattest state in america. When I think of flat states I think of flat states I think of Nebraska somewhere in the midwest.

I love traveling to Florida and being on the beach. This is one of the reasons why I go. I want to go to Disney World some time. Did you know that Orlando is one of the most visited cities because of disney world. I go to Jacksonville to see my cousins. Outside of Alaska, Jacksonville is the biggest country. Nearly 2 times the size of Los Angeles.

link  

link

Have you been to Florida? If so, have you ever gone to Disney World ?

Did you learn anything new? 

Do you like or play basketball?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes I've been to Florida before, I love going there. I have also been to Disney twice but it was a long time ago so I don't remember what it was like. We're currently planning another trip to Disney. I do not like to play basketball because I'm not good at it and it's not something im interested in. 

• I have been to Florida to go to Disney World and Universal. I liked the trip, but there was definetely too many people there. I liked Sea World instead because there was a lot less people and you could get on a ride without waiting for 2 hours. 

• @hours that is a long time!! I didnt realize it would be that longof a wait.

• I have been to florida when i was 12 years old. I did go to disney world when we were in florida and i really enjoyed it. I did learn alot from when we went to florida and Disney World. I like to watch basketball but do not really enjoy playing it, i used to play though. 

• I've never been to Florida but have always wanted to go. I don't play basketball as a sport but play it on the side on my own time. 

• I enjoy basketball also 

• I have never been to Florida or Disney World, but I would love to go to both sometime. I didn't know Florida is the flattest state, since they are pretty close to the Smoky Mountains. Also, I didn't know Florida had the the First Integrated Pro Basketball game, or that Jackie Robinson played Basketball.

• I have never been to Florida. I think that my family is planning on going next summer we will be going either to Disney in Florida or California. I don't play basketball but I love to watch all sports and learn the way they are played.

• I haven't been to Florida but I would love to go it seems really cool and going to Disney World would be so much fun.  I have had famliy go to Florida but they have never taken me.

• No, I have never been to Florida or disney world, I think it would be fun to go to both but a lot of kids at disney world and also long lines. I like to play basketball but im not good at it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker