History of Fast Foods

We all know about Fast Foods we all go and visit them sometimes maybe all the time like Burger King, Wendy's, McDonald but what was the main fast foods that everyone always visited well Most historians agree that the American company White Castle was the first fast-food outlet, starting in Wichita, Kansas in 1916 with food stands and founding in 1921, selling hamburgers for five cents apiece from its inception and spawning numerous competitors and emulators.

The Main person that created White Castle is "Billy Ingram" opened White Castle in Wichita, Kansas, in 1921, selling the iconic little burgers the family-owned business has become famous for. So easy to eat, they were dubbed "Sliders" and sold by the sack. Billy Ingram moved White Castle to Columbus in 1934 after buying out Anderson's share of the business. White Castle's founders decided to change the public's perception of hamburgers. They built their restaurants so that customers could see the food being prepared. They painted the buildings white and even chose a name that suggested cleanliness. White Castle was most popular in the American East and Midwest, but its success helped give hamburger meat a better reputation nationwide. So, like cars, White Castle played an important part in the development of fast food.

In 1921, Billy Ingram launched a family-owned business with $700 and an idea, selling five-cent, small, square hamburgers so easy to eat, they were dubbed Sliders and sold by the sack. In 2014, Time Magazine declared our iconic Original Slider the most influential burger of all time. Today our family-owned business sells the same humble, 100 percent USDA beef patty with onions and pickle, creating memorable moments for Craver generations everywhere. The only thing better than polishing off a Sack of Sliders alone, is doing it with friends. Could it get any better than that? White Castle. Because The Crave Is A Powerful Thing.

Have you ever visited White Caslte?

What is Your favoite Fast Food?

Do you Prefer fast food now or back then?

Source

Source

Video

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I have been to While Caslte before and it is super good. My favorite fast food place is Canes, Taco bell, and Pana Express. I would honestly prefer it back then because it is way cheaper but the food might not be as high quality or as good as todays. 

• Yeah I would also prefer it to be like how it was before because it was a lot more cheaper and it was like what 15 cents for a burger now it would be like around 5 dollars for a normal burger.

• I've been to White Castle once and I thought it was really good! My favorite fast food is Chick-Fil-A or Canes. Their original sauce is what makes their restaurant original. I prefer modern day fast food, even though it is definetly more expensive. 

• I can agree with you on that mordern day fast foods are expensive and yet they change up their meals on a special event during a summer break or a winter break meal but I have never been to White Castle so it's nice to hear that somone has.

• I have never tried White Castle but I would try it. My favorite fast food is maybe canes or wingstop. I prefer old fast food because it wasn't as bad for you and it was cheaper. I still like having fast food today, it just tasted better back then.

• It's good to hear that you want to try out White Caslte I've heard from some people that have been at White Caslte and they say that their burgers are good so I would recommend that I agree that fast foods back then did taste good.

• I have never been to the white castle but I would like to go someday it seems like a nice place to eat. I think my favorite fast food place is Subway because it isn't greasy it's fast and I think it tastes good. I don't remember back then but I think I would like It know.

• I have never been to White Castle nor have I heard of it but I would be willing to give it a try. My favorite fast food is Panda Express, Canes, or Taco Bell. I think that the food is better now than it was back then but I think that the food was much more "healthy" for you back then. 

• I have never visited White Castle but I would like to try the food. My favorite place is Burger king and Wingstop, I think I have not tried the food from other fast food places or maybe I have but not much. I think I would prefer the old fast food because of the price, the taste, well obviously I wouldn't know what to say/opinion because I never tried the old fast food but I guess it was good.

• I agree with you on the prices back then now fast foods are expensive and they do taste very good back then and I would like to see people trying out fast foods that they have never tried I feel like it's a good expirence to procceed.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker