Hats are Prohibited but Dog Collars are not?

Why should kids be able to wear dog collars or even elf ears? What's the difference between wearing hats and decorating yourself with elements a dog would use? This is not so much a personal attack on those emos who decorate themselves as dogs. More resembaling that the school's policy makes little to no sense. Why do hats cause such distress? I see no distraction in wearing hats. We should be allowed to wear caps given that there is no profanity or slurs.

Many would argue that caps hide our face or are disrespectful. What is the difference between that or a collar? Sure, a collar may not hide your face but is much more distracting than a regular hats. If an object is not taking away our learning there is no harm in it. Schools need to review their policies and make sure everyone has an equal opportunity to do what they would like. The one exception is everyone must take their hat off for the pledge. You must obey and respect those who fought for our freedoms and rights. It is unbelieveable the people who take our country for granted.

To summarize hats belong in school, dogs do not. Personally, I see no reason why kids should be able to dress like dogs or other animals. That would be one hundred percent more likely to disturb learning in schools. Schools, do the right thing, ban animal items and allow hats.

Do you think that hats should be allowed in school? Why or why not?

Why do you think schools have such foolsih policies?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that people should be able to wear hats because it is ok to decorate yourself the way you want, but overdecorating like wearing full on customes is very distracting which can affect the way some students can learn. I think that students should be able to wear hats just not go overboard with it.

• Yes I think hats should be allowed in school. They arent going to drstract us from out learning its just a hat. but if kids are wearing full animal costumes to school that is destracting. yesh some people wear dog colors to school and im not saying that should be banned but they are people not dogs.

• I think you should be allowed to wear a hat at school because if there people wearing dog collar and elf ears, hats should be allowed. School have such foolsih policies because they don't allow it because of culture thing in school.

• I think that if dog collars and elf ears are allowed to be worn at school, then students should be able to wear hats too. Although I think if they dress-coded dog collars and elf ears, then hats wouldn't be okay because it's only fair. Also, many students would benefit from the school allowing people to wear hats. 

• This is a great topic and thank you for writing about it, I think that hat should be allowed but dog collars what the heck. I know that it is people expressing themself but not everyone wants to see people wear them. And some people say that hat are the same and we take them off out of respect,So i see both sides

• I agree that if people can wear dog collars then people should be able to wear hats. I agree with the fact of the foolish policies for wearing that stuff on there body, for example dog collars, elf ears, and cat ears. People should be able to wear hats, and other people can't wear the follish stuff. 

• Yes, I agree. Things kids wear in school nowadays are much more distracting than a hat. I see no problems with hats unless they have profanity or other mean slurs. I see the fact that it is a thing of respect but wearing dog collars should be considered disrespect too.

• I would like to wear a hat in school.  The only reason that they don't allow hats in school is because it is a culture thing.  When a man walks inside he is supposed to take off his hat.  If I'm out in public and I walk in a store I do not take my hat off.  I would like to wear a hat in school.  

• Yes, I agree. Things kids wear in school nowadays are much more distracting than a hat. I see no problems with hats unless they have profanity or other mean slurs. I see the fact that it is a thing of respect but wearing dog collars should be considered disrespect too.

• I believe that people should be able to where hats. Hats do not cover your face, so they should be fine. I agree with others in saying that the objects that people are putting on them is just weird and wrong, suchs as elf ears, dog collars, ect. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker