Google form to sign out?

Recently at HCHS the school faculty has introduced a new method of signing out of class. The students will bring their phones to the spot that the teacher has listed the QR code. Then we have to scan it, but the inconsistency in this method will not make this effective. Only people with an Iphone are able to use this method. So, therefore, this method is not 100% effective. This method makes it extremely easy for students to take their phones to the restroom with them. The whole point of the phone pouches is to make sure students are not on their phones during class as well as taking our phones to the restroom. 

Before we had the QR code sign out we would use a piece of paper provided by the teacher to prove that the student signed out. As well as, where we are going. That way was safer for the student due to the teacher having physical proof that a student is in the restroom or with another teacher incase of an emergency such as a fire. With the QR code the teacher might not remember if a student left.

On the new QR code sign out sheets have more questions on them. To be able to sign out with this method you would have to scan the QR code, then wait for it to load. Sometimes the QR code will not load. Once the QR code loads then you have to fill out  your school email, full name, which teacher you are with, where are you going. While you stand there and fill out the form it takes up even more of class time. Which is the opposite of what teachers want. 

I personally do not think this method will not last for long because of the inconsistency of it. I think the school will finally realize that not every method is going to be suitable for different types of students. The whole point of the sign out QR is to see who uses the restroom at certain times or how frequently. The school is trying to stop the students from vaping in the bathroom but what are they doing to stop this. Teachers can legally say no when a student asks to use the restroom. On the other side of that, many parents will be frustrated with this and contact the school. 

Did you like signing out on the paper better? Why or why not. 

How long do you think this method will last?

Link 1

Link 2

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree. The paper we used to sign out on gave enough information. 

• I like signing out on paper instead of the phone. On the phone it seems like they can track your every move and make sure you are always doing the right thing. It is weird to me. I do not think this method will last because not many people like it and it is time consuming and pointless.

• I agree. I also would be easy to pretend you are signing out on your phone then just leave, 

• I like the signing out paper over the code thingy. A lot of students arent even filling everything out on the code and what are you gonna do for a kid going to the bathroom a lot? You cant assume they are doing bad things becasue a lot of people juts have small bladders. 

• Yes a lot of students are not even filling out all of the information that is on the form. 

• In my opinion I would rather sign out of a piece of paper then do the qr code becasue it is a waste of time and like the text says it makes it easier for kids to take their phones to the bathroom so I think it is a horrible idea and if you really need to go you need to fill out the fourm before you do go making it harder on you just so they can track where u go and when you left.

• I agree with you. A lot of students will take their phones to the restroom. Therefore, they will be gone longer. 

• I prefer the singing out paper over the QR codes. There has been rumors that the QR code can track your device outside of school, which has infuriated many parents. I hope the QR codes will not last long, there is really no point in them. 

• I agree Signing out on a piece of paper makes this process a lot quicker. 

• I like signing out on the paper better because then you don't have to wait for the QR to load along with the paper has less questions on it. I have noticed that in class when people go to  the restroom or somewhere else they actually are not scaning it they are just tapping on there phone so I think that soon most people will be doing that or coming up with excuses.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker