A 63 year old women named, Linda Maddox from Tampa, Florida shot her grandson that is 7 years old. Linda was with her two twin grandsons. She put a chair against the door in her bedroom. She heard the door scraping against the floor around midnight. She thought it wouldn't be her son because she knew he was working the late shift that night. Linda grabbed for her pistol and shot her 7 year old grandson, Tyler Maddox in the body. The Department of Children and Families say the children remain in the custody of their father. Linda Maddox is not getting charged and the shooting is known as an accident but the investigation is still going.  In my perspective of this event that happened she should not have shot anyone until she saw and knew who it was.

Do you think the grandma should be facing charges and why?

Here

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I totally agree!

• yes she should be facing the charges. she could of waited till she knew who it was. If she would of waited none of this would of happened.

• I agreee

• She should be facing charges regardless and she most likely needs help I don't understand how she could just shoot a gun in her home having no idea what was there but yet again thats just my opinion

• It's very debatable on weather or not she should be pressed charges. She had no idea she was shooting her grandson because it could have been a burglar. She did kill someone though, I don't think she should be pressed with charges because she was just trying to protect her grandsons. 

• The grandma should be at least facing manslaughter charges. I hope the investigation helps her get tried for manslaughter or something for shooting an innocent child.

• Yes, shooting somebody without probable cause, and she knew that her grandkids were there, she should be tried in court.

• No she shouldn't because maybe something previously happened in her life to make her be on top alert for break-ins and stuff like that. I again I don't know many 63  year old women who carry guns. so I believe it was an accident and she shouldn't be charged.

• I know but don't you think maybe before you should shoot you should make sure it isn't your family or someone that means a lot to you?

• I think that she should be facing charges. Shooting and killing someone is considered murder. Even if you didn't mean to do it. I think that there should be some sort of punishment.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker