FedEx driver kidnaps and murders a young girl.

A 31 year old man, Tanner Lynn Horner, kills a young 7 year old girl whose name was Athena, this all occured in Texas. Tanner Lynn Horner is now charged with aggravated kidnapping and capital murder. Tanner claimed he hit Athena with his truck but she was not injured severely in any way. After hitting the girl he took her into his truck and even told her his name. Tanner admitted that he was worried the girl would tell her father so he kidnapped and killed her. He not only admitted to the murder, but even told where to find her. They then found her body southeast of the city, Boyd. (Which was about 11 miles from them.) As you could and would expect, Gandy, Athena's mother, was devastated. She said, "I was supposed to bring Athena back home to Oklahoma after Christmas break. Now instead, Athena will be cremated and she will come home in an urn because I am not anywhere close to being ready to let my baby go."

Overall, what this man did was extremely wrong, and he should have just accepted what he did. I think he should have just gone to the door and admitted what he did. I know and understand that he was panicked, but that still doesn’t defend any part of what he did. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fedex-driver-allegedly-told-investigators-texas-girl-was-still-alive-s-rcna60874

What do you think he should have done?

What charges do you think he should have?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think he should have killed her. You can tell by his stroy that he panicked and definetely didn't handle it well. I think he deserves the charges and he knew he did something wrong. At least he addmitted it and told them where she was.

• Dude he literally killed someone, like I get he was scared and everything but that was someones daughter, friend, probably even sister. He should've helped her, not killed her. He should've watched where he was going in the first place. Obviously he deserves a death sentence or a life sentence.

• I agree, her family and peers are probably mourning right now, he should have told the parents what happened. 

• I think that this was a very unfortunate event. I think that the delivery driver did a bad thing. I think he should have very bad consequence. I think that the delivery service people should have to go under extensive background checks.

• I agree, this is very unfortunate, his consequence will be much worse, he could have made it less severe by just telling the parents what happened.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker