Extraterrestrial life/ Alien life?

Extraterrestrial life is life that does not originate from Earth. It is unknown whether or not life exists on other planets in our solar system or beyond, but research scientists with organizations such as the Planetary Society and the SETI Institute do conduct searches for extraterrestrial life. NASA has sent missions to Mars to try to determine if life exists on the planet, but has not found definitive evidence one way or the other. Some scientists feel that the universe is so vast, it is improbable for life not to exist elsewhere.

They believe Venus, Mars and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn are the most likely places to harbor life in our solar system. Others contend that if life existed elsewhere in the universe, we would have found it by now. They believe Earth is the only planet capable of supporting life. I believe that extraterrestrial life is real. It wouldn’t make any sense that the human race is the only race in the universe.

1. Why should we look for life on other planets? 
  2. Why shouldn't we look for life?
  3. Do you believe that extraterrestrial life is real?

Sources:

How NASA could determine aliens are real and tells the world

Extraterrestrial life | Definition, SETI, & Facts | Britannica

Extraterrestrial Life News and Research - Scientific American

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I believe that somewhere out there in space there is at least some form of life. Space is way too big for us to be the only life form ever. As of right now looking for new life forms shouldn't be a priority considering all the problems we have on earth right now, but maybe in the future we should start to search.

• I think there is extraterrestrial life out there with how big space is we can not be the only sentient beings out there. I think that we should seek them out but with the technology, we have now we will never be able to reach any aliens.

• I think that there definelty is alien life somewhere out there because there are so many planets. I think we should look for them because they could potentially answer a lot of questions that scientists have. I think we should look, but not spend a lot of resources on it.

• I agree looking for other planets but not necessarily life on the planets. NASA is very secretive of what they have found, but I think that it’s a good thing to protect the people from the truth. They also want to look for another planet as a catching net if and when there is a terrible event,we can flee or protect ourselves.

• I think that life on another planet would be cool to find. I think that there is bound to be more life out there. There is too much out there for there not to be life. I think that we should continue searching, but I don't think that we should waste too many resources looking.

• Extraterrestrial life is not bound by our solar system. The things we believe to harbor the galaxy are probably specs in a giant universe we've barely discovered. There could; however, be alien lifeforms that are more like us, human-like. Though, I doubt that life is anywhere near us. I believe the most probable outcome is that there is extraterrestrial life in our solar system, but I don't think it's big and haunting like we imagine, more like some insects we find under rocks.

• I agree looking for other planets but not necessarily life on the planets. NASA is very secretive of what they have found, but I think that it’s a good thing to protect the people from the truth. NASA wants to look for an inhabitable planet as a catching net if and when there is a terrible event we can flee or protect ourselves.

• I do think that there is other beings out there but i'm not sure if they look how we picture them. I don't think we should look for life because some things don't need to be discovered. there might be an alien that is very dangerous and can turn us into zombies.

• I think that we should look for life because we need to make sure whatever is out there isn't dangerous. I guess maybe we also should not because we could cause disruption to whatever kind of life is out there.

• I agree looking for other planets but not necessarily life on the planets. NASA wants to look for an inhabitable planet as a catching net if and when there is a terrible event  we can flee or protect ourselves.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker