Extraterrestrial life/ Alien life?

Extraterrestrial life is life that does not originate from Earth. It is unknown whether or not life exists on other planets in our solar system or beyond, but research scientists with organizations such as the Planetary Society and the SETI Institute do conduct searches for extraterrestrial life. NASA has sent missions to Mars to try to determine if life exists on the planet, but has not found definitive evidence one way or the other. Some scientists feel that the universe is so vast, it is improbable for life not to exist elsewhere.

They believe Venus, Mars and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn are the most likely places to harbor life in our solar system. Others contend that if life existed elsewhere in the universe, we would have found it by now. They believe Earth is the only planet capable of supporting life. I believe that extraterrestrial life is real. It wouldn’t make any sense that the human race is the only race in the universe.

1. Why should we look for life on other planets? 
  2. Why shouldn't we look for life?
  3. Do you believe that extraterrestrial life is real?

Sources:

How NASA could determine aliens are real and tells the world

Extraterrestrial life | Definition, SETI, & Facts | Britannica

Extraterrestrial Life News and Research - Scientific American

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think we would look for life because we want to know our surroundings and what we are living in. I think that extraterrestrial life is real because we havent even explored all of earth yet there has to be something else living out there.

• I think we should try to seek farther in the universe, I think we shouldn't look for new life because you never know what we could get ourselfs into. I do not belive in aliens but I do belive there are living things that are not human like.

• I agree looking for other planets but not necessarily life on the planets. NASA is very secretive of what they have found, but I think that that is a good thing.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker