Electric VS Gas Powered Cars.

Are electric cars better than regular gas-powered cars? Well, there are benefits to both types of vehicles, but there are also many downsides to both. Gas-powered cars run on gasoline and diesel while electric cars run on electricity. Some car manufacturers sell a mix of gas-powered and electric-powered in one car called a hybrid.

Gas vehicles or combustion engines are run by compressing gas and air in a chamber and then igniting the gas and air. A gas tank for a car can range from 13 to 30 gallons. On average a car can get 24 miles per gallon. That means you can drive 312 miles to 720 miles on one tank of gas. Refueling a car like this can take a matter of minutes.

Electric cars run on a big battery under the car. The batter is charged by braking or a 240-volt outlet. The cars can run for about 300 to 400 miles on one charge. Then it will take 15 min to a half hour.

Electric cars will be more and more relevant as time goes on. But I don't think electric cars will ever fully take over. I think if people can figure out how to charge cars in a matter of minutes, and make the batteries last longer, I think electric cars will be more useful.

Do you think electricals will be mandated in the future?

Do you think gas cars are going to stay around forever?

Do you think you will own an electric vehicle when you are older?

sources

https://www.autoweek.com/news/a37090295/electric-cars-vs-gas-cars-pros-and-cons/

https://afdc.energy.gov/vehicles/how-do-all-electric-cars-work

https://afdc.energy.gov/vehicles/how-do-gasoline-cars-work

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don’t think that electric cars will be mandated in the future due to the constant argument about which car is better gas or electric. I also believe that gas cars aren’t going anywhere in the future or anytime soon. Some people believe that gas vehicles are better for blue-collar jobs like farming or construction etc. My family already owns an electric car so in the future, if I am given the opportunity I might just take it. Plus it is pretty beneficial for the environment.

• I think as time goes on electric cars will be more popular than gas-powered cars simply because more companies will make electric vehicle way better than they are now. I do think though that gas-powered cars will stay around for awhile but maybe not forever.

• I think they have a lot of work on electric cars I know some people who have them and I've heard how they have harsh braking. I believe that gas cars will stay around for a long time in Iowa maybe in some states they won't be though like California. I do not like electric cars i do not believe I will ever own one.

• I think eletric cars may be a huge market in the future and that it will be hard to find gas and diesel vehicles. I do not want to own an eletric car and do not see how they are better for the environment. I think they are way to expensive and not convinient.

• I do not know what will happen in the future, but I think that the younger generations might start to use electric cars more and more. I think that the older generation probably will still continue to use gas cars but they might become obsolete and no longer used. I think that it is possiable that I will use an electric car because if I only use it to go to work and home then it can charge overnight and I wouldn't have any issues with charge time.

• I think that in the future, we will only be using electrical cars in cities. I think that farmers and other people that live outside of town will use gas cars for their heavy weight, dirty work and not use eletric cars exept for when they are in the city.

• I think that in the future the government will enforce everyone to own electric cars. In the future, I believe that all gas-powered cars will be destroyed because electric cars are said to be more economical. I wouldn't want an electric car when I'm older but if it is mandated I won't have a choice.

• I think electic cars will not be mandtaed, but will be more popular in the future. I think gas cars will be around forever no matter how old or bad they are. Gas cars will always be favorited more than electic cars. I think i will own an electic car just to see how it is and becuase it is better for the enviorment.

• I think it will be mandated that electric cars are made, but I don't think that it will be mandated to drive an electric car. I think that gas cars will stay around forever, especially if no more gas cars are made after 2035. I believe that gas cars will become a type of luxury for many people.

• I don't think gas cars are going to stay around forever because every car company is coming out with electric vehicles. But I also think that they will stay around because there has been a lot of fires with the electirc cars expesially the telsa. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker