Do EHall Passes work?

Do you think that an EHall pass is useful for our school? This is the new debate our school is trying to reason out. In the past years, we have had a couple of different ways to be excused to the restrooms/halls. It seems that none of those ways worked out in the end. Do we really need a tracker of who is in the hallways or restrooms at all times? Are these decreasing problems? EHall Pass is starting to get used in several schools around the United States. Harlan has recently determined what EHall can do to stop our restroom/hall issues. A few days ago we started using passes on our phones/computers for whenever we need to leave the classroom so that the school can determine how many people get to use the restrooms/halls at a time. You get four passes a day, and have a time limit until you get a flag. 

EHall pass is definitely beneficial in our school. Using these passes will allow only a certain amount of people to be out of the classroom at one time. This will prevent too many people in the hallway/restroom and will enable any issues to be caused. This will allow staff at school to know where students are located in the school. Some teachers also believe it will lower the amount of students that go to the restroom to vape. 

Now EHall pass can be non-beneficial in different ways. This website tends to take a while for the actual pass to go through and get approved, which takes class time away from the student and teacher. After you leave the classroom and come back the teacher has to end this pass which also takes more class time away from the whole class. To fix this problem, they need to make it so that the students can start and end the hall pass on their own. 

I have talked to a couple of teachers about the EHall pass and what their opinions on it are. One stated, “In the beginning, I thought it was going to be really bad, but once we started I have had little to no students ask me to use the restroom and I have not heard of any issues in the restrooms.” I then talked to a few students, and it seems that the student's views are not like the teachers. Most students think that it is a waste of our time. I personally think that it is beneficial outside of the classroom and in the restrooms. I, however, think it is very distracting in the classroom and seems to take more time out of class by taking out your phone/computer and filling out the pass. 

Sources:

https://ehallpass.info/benefits/ 

https://eduspiresolutions.org/what-are-benefits-of-using-ehallpass/ 

https://alisaltrojantribune.com/3164/opinion/e-hall-pass-more-hassle-than-its-worth/ 

Questions:

Do you think that the EHall pass is beneficial?

Will this work better than how last year's QR codes worked?

Does the EHall pass reduce problems in the restrooms/halls?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I can see what you are saying, they do take a good amount of time to fill one out and get approved. 

• I think that E-hallpasses aren't bad in principle. It definitly takes more time to fill out a pass than just going to the restroom but it helps that the school always knows where who is.

• I agree with you, they are not as bad as what most people claim.

• I think EHall pass is a smart way to know where kids are but it's more work filling out a pass than just going to the restroom. I think it works better than the QR codes because its more organized. While EHall pass can reduce some problems I don't think it will reduce all of them.

• Yes I agree, it is much more organized than the QR codes were. 

• I think that E-Hallpasses will work way better than last year's QR codes. We only used the QR codes for a week and even then not a lot of teachers were pushing us to use it. I think that ehallpasses are kind of beneficial because it's a way of letting the staff know what students are out.

• EHall passes are better than the QR codes we used last year I think that once the year goes on we will get more used to EHall passes. I do find them kind of annoying though because sometimes we have to stop class just so the teacher can accept the request from the student to go to the bathroom. 

• In comparison to QR codes from last year, I would say E-Hall Pass seems to be working better for our school. However, I do not like having a class interupted by a loud noise announcing a pass. I haven't used E-Hall Pass very much yet, but I am hoping that the more we begin to use it that a few of the kinks will work themselves out. 

•  I beleive that EHall passes are not as benificial as people think. I beleive that EHall passes will do nothing better than last year and the problems in the bathrooms and halls will stay the same. If anything I think EHall passes are a bit extra.

• I personally think the Ehall pass is a great alternative to the QR codes but I don't see it being more beneficial. Although the Ehall pass system is great its very annoying to fill out passes and request to go places everytime you need to leave the classroom. I think it works for now but I don't see it staying in the building.  

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker