Ebola Free Nurse after a Third Test

Teresa Romero Ramos is a Nurse aid in Spain who contracted Ebola after helping a patient with the disease. Teresa had been tested twice before, and it had been confirmed that she had Ebola. Then after the third, the virus had decreased, and then vanished from her body completely. The Doctors don't know exactly how this happened but have been doing tests about 4 to 5 times daily. One of the doctors said that, "Romero has recovered enough to produce antibodies." An antibody provides protection to your body, and helps kill the virus on it's own. Romero is expected to be fine, but they will keep her at the hospital for a few more weeks to run more tests.

here's the link

Do you think that this could lead to a cure to Ebola? why?

How would you feel if you knew you had survived Ebola?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that's important too Steven. If the body actually has a way of getting rid of the virus itself, all we need to do is get the body in the state to start producing antibodies that will make the process move faster.

• I think that this could help the researchers understand how the body can repel the virus, ans thus create a cure or vaccine for it.

• I think that a cure is a possibility, because there has to be something different about her that let this happen. If I survived Ebola I would feel really lucky and very grateful.

• don't know because like AIDS there is no known cure. So for Ebola all we have to is wait. I probably would not survive Ebola because there is no known cure. 

• It could, if someone was cured then maybe the doctors have figured out a cure that would possibly work. I would feel pretty good.

• It mite lead to a cure if they figure out what is happening to the doctor that had Ebola. I would be surprised if I survived because it is a deadly disease.

• I don't know enough about cures for disease, but I hope it is. I would be excited and then probably not tell a lot of people about it.

• Maybe there always a possibility they could find something in her DNA that will lead us to find a better cure. I would feel pretty great that it didn't kill me and I survived.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker