Do extracurricular activities benefit students

Extracurricular activities help students shape themselves into the people they want to be. Extracurricular activities help students with time management, exploring their talents, personal growth and development, confidence, and social skills, and keep them out of trouble. Sometimes students need stability in their life lives be successful in the future. If they have some sort of stability, they have the reassurance that they can do whatever they put their minds to.

Some people believe that extracurricular activities leave no time for homework, social life, and time at home with their families. This has been proven untrue and there are more benefits than anything. Studies have shown that being involved in extracurricular activities gives some students a more positive outlook on school. They also encourage students to find things they truly enjoy, this can help them to become more confident in themselves, helping them in the future.

I think that extracurricular activities help students in the long run. They help give students structure and stability which is a necessity in daily life. They need this so they can see how the real world works. In all, they prepare students for what life will be like outside of school after they're done. Many students will tell you they benefit from participating in activities.

https://www.crimsoneducation.org/us/blog/benefits-of-extracurricular-activities/#:~:text=Improved%20Academic%20Performance,your%20overall%20outlook%20on%20school!

Do you participate in extracurricular activities?

How many, if so?

What is your stance? Do you agree or disagree?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I do participate in extracurricular activites, and I am in about 4 of them. I do agree with this passage because I find the activities that I do to be both fun and exciting. I offen find myself excited for practice or a meet. It is usally the only good thing that happens during my day. And, I found that I could focus more during school and my grades were good. 

• I'm in a few extracurricular activities, The extracurricular activities I'm in are volleyball and tennis. I think that students benefit from extracurricular activities. They benefit by meeting new peopole and possibly making new friends.

• I completley agree with the fact that people have lots of chances to meet new people and make new friendships that could last a long time. you could also become more socially skilled and having conversations with people.

• I am in a few extracurricular activities like dance team, stuco, and multiple clubs. I think it is important to be in a few extracurriculars so you can meet people, be more socialized, and be involved in the community. Not to mention colleges like when people have interests and partake in those interests.

• I partake in show choir and it leaves me plenty of time to do homework. It is a fun thing to do after school at 6:30 to around 7 or 8. It also is a bit of a workout, plus it helps you make some friends that you would probably not know otherwise.

• I do participate in extracurricular activities because I think that it is important to be invloved within the school. I am currently involved in about nine extracurricular activities because I think that activities can be really fun. I think that everyone should be in at least one extracurricular activity.

• I think it's great to be involved in activities because then you can learn from others and if you want to go into teaching or something then you know how lots of teachers do things and what goen on around the school.

• I participate in Student Council and I think it definetly helps with social skills because you're working in a team and multiple different people. 

• I completley agree because if you never try and talk to other people you dont know you won't know how to talk to others in oublic and reL life.

• I think extracurrilculars are good for kids to do. It keeps kids out of trouble after school and also helps them with social skills, time managment, and overall just life lessons. They may not be for everyone but they benefit kids a lot more than hurt them.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker