Disney's Frozen

When Walt Disney died in December 1966, it only took a few months before the crazy rumor that Disney had his body frozen so he could be revived in the future The rumor even goes one step further to say he is buried in a freezer under the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. Of course there is no actual evidence that this is even true.

Some people believe that Disney producers made the movie Frozen and titled it as such to distract people from that theory and hoped one day it would be forgotten entirely. Before the movie was made you could search “Disney Frozen” and would get tons of articles on the conspiracy theory, but now you get the movie Frozen. It takes a bit more effort to find out about it. And not to forget the fact that when you hear those words you automatically think of the movie not the conspiracy theory.

Another reason is the title switch. The movie Frozen was based on Hans Christian Andersen’s 1844 fairytale: The Snow Queen. Disney could have kept the original title like they did with most of their other fairy tales they adapted from the Brothers Grimm’s stories. So they could have named it the same thing or something similar, but they went out of their way to create a whole new title.

But why would they do this even though the rumors weren’t true? Disney has a very friendly, family brand and wants to protect that. They didn’t want to be associated with this wild theory of Walt Disney. The part of him being buried under a popular ride could be enough to keep a few families from visiting too.

I first heard about these conspiracies a few years ago on tiktok but I never really looked much into it. I don't believe that Walt Disney had his body perserved in ice to be revived in the future, it just seems to crazy to be true plus all the facts stand against it. I think it is definitely possible that Disney producers title the movie the way they did to stop media from spiraling and causing problems.

https://youtu.be/eFFjlE3EnBk?si=clwhs0gLrgxumltd 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/how-a-strange-rumor-of-walt-disneys-death-became-legend 

Have you heard of these conspiracies before and where?

Do you believe Disney's body was perserved in ice and why?

Do you think the rumor was why the movie is titled Frozen and why?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that it is very true that the title and storyline are closely related, and the theory (if it is true) wouldn't just be chosen based on the rumors that were going around. They could have honestly titled it the way they did because they likes it and covered up the conspiracy without trying to.

• I have heard of some odd and werid Disney conspiracies on Tiktok. I havent ever looked into them, but I guess some of them could be true. I dont believe his body was peserved, nor was that the reason frozen is called frozen. I think they just wanted to change the name to something more fitting.

• I also heard a lot of conspiracies on TikTok, they sound interesting but its really nothing that affects me so they are just fun what-ifs. I don't think his body was preserved either. And even if there was some truth to the movie title, I bet they had so many more reasons.

• I feel like this theory is really crazy! I do not belive in it. I feel like people like to makeup lies for attention. I don't think Walt Disney's body is perserved in ice because being frozen doesn't sound fun. I feel like the rumor about the movie Frozen is stupid. 

• It is extremely crazy and just shows how people will just run with something they are told/ that they heard. I bet a lot of these conspiracies were made by people who wanted more attention. I agree being frozen does not sound fun.

• I have not seen these conspiracies before except today in class when we talked about them. I don't think that Disney's body was preserved in ice unless he thought it would work. Why would he freeze himself? I don't think that is why the movie is titled Frozen, I think the marketing team decided that this was a better name to use.

• I don't believe it but people who do believe in it said that he would freeze himself because he wanted to see what technology was like in the future. Although I don't know anything for sure, it does seem weird that they changed the title from the orginal for this movie but didn't for all the others. 

• I do not beleive the theory that walt disney was frozen. A crynogenic chamber sounds awesome.  Even if Walt Disney was put in a cryno chaimber. Ice will only perserve his skin for so long. I think that there is a chance why the mocie is titled Frozen. I also think that the title just fits the name of the movie. 

• I also don't believe Walt Disney was frozen, the idea itself is just crazy and there is not one piece of evidence that even slightly proves it. Plus the first person to get this done to them was about a month after he died. But does that title just fit the movie because thats what we've known for years?

• I don't really believe the theory, and even then, if Walt Disney's body was frozen, using cryogenic chambers to perserve bodies rarely works to actually perserve bodies properly. Bodies still tend to decay even while frozen, and because they're frozen usually begin to crack and break. The frozen theory is interesting, however I think the name change mostly comes from the fact that they changed the story so that Elsa (The snow queen) was no longer a villain and now a main protagonist. They had no way of knowing Frozen would become as much of a hit as it is today.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker