Dennis Rader suspected for two new murders

Dennis Rader, the BTK killer is suspected to have killed two other people in Oklahoma and Missouri.He was convicted of killing 10 people in Kansas from 1970s-1990s. On August 22nd investigators searched his former property, while they were there they found unsolved murders and missing persons that could be connected to Rader. They later found that the search was closely tied to Cynthia Kinney who disappeared from Oklahoma in 1976. 

As the investigation continues, they have found other potential murders that could be tied to Rader. Right now Rader is the prime suspect for all these new cases. He is also the suspect for Shawna Beth Garbers murder. Shawna was found in McDonald County, Missouri, in Decemeber 1990. Raders daughter has been helping with the re-opening of these cases. She also contacted McDonald County Sheriffs office to see if she could help with the Garbers case. 

For those, who don't know BTK stands for “blind, torture and kill,’’ he was arrested in Febuary 2005 for 10 murders he commited. Rader talked about how he lived a double life. He was a church congregation president and a Boy Scout leader. When he wasnt busy doing those things he would kill people. He would also taunt the police by writing about his murders and sending them in before he got caught. 

Do you think Dennis Rader commited the murder of Kinney and Garbers? 

Do you think his daughter should be helpping with the investagation? 

How do you think the families of Kinney and Garbers feel about this?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/investigators-search-former-property-btk-killer-kansas-connections-uns-rcna101355

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I'm also very surprised they found more evidence for the Kinney case. As you already said it has been also 20 years since he was arrested for his other crimes so I'm wondering why the police decided to start an investigation again.

• I believe that Dennis Rader commited the murders of Kinney and Garbers because he was arrested in Febrauary and confessed to the killings. Dennis Rader's daughter, Kerri, should be helping with investigations and may be weary of it because she is still processing the fact that her father is a criminal. The families of Kinney and Garbers are most likely going through a spiral of emotions. They may feel relief after getting closure, grief, and anger. 

• I think it's interesting how Rader lived a double life, knowing he was a normal guy to most people only to find out he's actually a murderer. I'm sure the families of Kinney and Garbers feel some sort of relief knowing there is a lead in the investigation but they still could be uneasy about it knowing that it isn't fully solved. 

• I think that Dennis Rader did commit the murders of Kinny and Garbers, because he was also convicted of muders he already commited so he probably commited more. Also I belive that his daughter should be helping but maybe she will stay out of it becasue she knows he did it. Also the familys most definetly have a lot of hatred and agony gaint Dennis Rader.

• BTK should be in prison for life because on what they did. Killing people is bad, he should knew that murdering people is wrong. He shouldn't of done in the first place and he's facing consinquences. 

• I think his daughter should help. Honestly if police are trying to connect or convict someone for murders, talk to the family. Even if they dont know what the person is doing the family will always know the person the best(or friends). So Yes, i think is daughter should be helping because she has no reason not to unless she helped him or knew about it.

• Yes, I totally agree. I also believe that his daughter should be helping. I know they were very close before he went to prison so she knows what he's like and how to deal with him. She can probably get him to admit that he did these new crimes. 

• I think it's crazy that they are still investigating this after so many years. There is a big possibly that he killed those two people, because he did commit 10 other ones. I'm sure the families of Kinney and Garbers feel disgusted by this but also they are probably happy to finally figure things out. 

• I'm sure the families feel some type of justice since the police have a lead, hopefully they can figure out if Rader truly did kill these people so the families feel a lot better. 

• I do think he killed the two people. His statement about killing people doesn't help his case at all. However, his daughter shouldn't be helping with the case. I don't think any family member should be affiliated with any cases. The families are probably overwhelmed and just want answers.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker