Dennis Rader suspected for two new murders

Dennis Rader, the BTK killer is suspected to have killed two other people in Oklahoma and Missouri.He was convicted of killing 10 people in Kansas from 1970s-1990s. On August 22nd investigators searched his former property, while they were there they found unsolved murders and missing persons that could be connected to Rader. They later found that the search was closely tied to Cynthia Kinney who disappeared from Oklahoma in 1976. 

As the investigation continues, they have found other potential murders that could be tied to Rader. Right now Rader is the prime suspect for all these new cases. He is also the suspect for Shawna Beth Garbers murder. Shawna was found in McDonald County, Missouri, in Decemeber 1990. Raders daughter has been helping with the re-opening of these cases. She also contacted McDonald County Sheriffs office to see if she could help with the Garbers case. 

For those, who don't know BTK stands for “blind, torture and kill,’’ he was arrested in Febuary 2005 for 10 murders he commited. Rader talked about how he lived a double life. He was a church congregation president and a Boy Scout leader. When he wasnt busy doing those things he would kill people. He would also taunt the police by writing about his murders and sending them in before he got caught. 

Do you think Dennis Rader commited the murder of Kinney and Garbers? 

Do you think his daughter should be helpping with the investagation? 

How do you think the families of Kinney and Garbers feel about this?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/investigators-search-former-property-btk-killer-kansas-connections-uns-rcna101355

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think it is very interesting that these murders are still being investigaed many years after they were commited. Obviously Rader was convicted and put in jail, but it takes tremendous courage for these families to get justice for their loved ones so many years later. It is very possible that Rader has commited the muder of Kinney and Garbers, but it is amazing to me that we find this evidence so many years later. 

• I'm glad they found this evidence so the families can feel some justice. I also think its crazy that they are finding all this new evidence. 

• I think Dennis Rader commited the murders of Kinney and Garbers. I don't think his daughter should be helping with the investigation. I think that the families of Kinney and Garbers are sad because it has been a long time since they have passed away.

• I think he did commit the murder. I feel so bad for all of Kinney Garbers family having to deal with this and going close to 40 years without any justice. I also dont think that his daughter should be helping with the investigation I think it would be weird knowing someone so well and then being embarrassed working against her dad.

• I think that it just depends whether or not his daughter should be working on this case. She might be embarrassed so that her working against her dad makes her seem like a better person. On the other hand she might not be working against your dad she might be working with her dad.

• I think she is working with the police because she knows her father is a horrible person for what he did. I do see where you are coming from though, she could be working with her dad so he doesn't get caught but I don't think that's the case. 

• I think he murdered Kinney and Garbers. He is the main suspect. I don't thing his daughter should help with the investigation. I feel bad for the familes of Kinney and Garbers because its been almost 40 years since they have died and they havent jad justice yet.

• I feel horrible for the families of Kinney and Garbers, they need to get the justice they deserve hopefully they do get that. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker