Christmas Trees, Artifical or Real?

We all know the age old question of whether or not to use artifical trees or real trees that have been cut down.  There are many pro's and con's for each of these.  I would like to discuss them before I state my opinion. 

Pro's of Real Christmas Tree:  You get an authentic scent. Takes less space after the season is over because you don't have to store it.  After they are used, sometimes they are thrown into lakes and river beds for fish habitats.  Some business offer a service of chipping--they take your Christmas tree and mulch it for landscaping.

Con's of Real Christmas Tree:  You have to buy a new one every year. You have to water the tree through the season.  There is a hassle of going and getting it and bringing it into the house.  Some trees have very pokey needles, that shed as the season goes on.

Pro's of Artificial Christmas Tree:  There is no care necessary.  You also don't have to pay for a new one every year. It has a long life to it; you can use it whenever you want for as long as you want because they are durable and don't have a lifespan.  Using artifical trees leaves more trees living for the environment. Can be more cost effective if it's used for many years. 

Con's of Artifical Christmas Tree: You have to build it every year. It doesn't smell good. Getting it out of storage can be work. It has wear and tear; nowadays most trees are pre-lit so to have artistic choice you have to buy a new tree for different colors or shapes of lights.

Because I haven't experienced real Christmas Trees inside my house and not being able to see them function, I think aritificial trees are better because that's all I've had. I think they look better than real trees because we can shape it to whatever we want with the wire. (p.s. i dont have a pre-lit tree)so we can custemise it

What's your tree like ?

Which is better?

Do you have a favorie ornament?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think I like artificial trees better, because you can reuse them every year, also you dont have to buy a new one every year. You have to take better care of a real tree, because you want it to last the whole christmas time, also real trees make a mess when stuff falls off them.

• I personally like the artificial tree better than a real tree. They are more accessible and use less work. With the artificial tree, you don't have to water it and go and cut it down and fins the right tree. The artificial ones you can store them into storage and used for next year compared to real trees you have to get a new tree each year.

• I think artificial trees are better for the environment because you can reuse them for many years. It takes alot more work to take care of a real tree and then dispose it. Its just a lot of work. But the real tree smell, smells amazing! 

• I personally like artificial trees better, especially if they are not prelit. You can customize it however you want every year and they are way easier to take care of. It can be a doozy storing them, but when you have a lot of storage place it really isn't hard. 

• I personally have experienced both a real and an artificial Christmas tree. From what I have experienced, I personally perfer a real Christmas tree. The decorating of both were extremely similar. But, the hassle of taking the artificial tree out of and put back into storage was always a process I dreaded.

• Interesting I always liked putting up the tree matching the different branches so it looks like a tree instead of a tornado and then you get to decorated with tons of ornaments I would think that a normal tree one that's pre-built by  nature boring all you get to do is set it up and decorated there's no mixing and matching to make the tree look normal or abnormal funny what she can't really been to the Christmas trees so that it doesn't sag like in Charlie Brown's Christmas 

• The tree that my family always uses every year is artificial. Because of this, I think that artificial trees are better. I have never had a real tree, so I don't know what it is like. Also the clean up for artificial trees is better because it has seperate pieces that you can take apart.

• I have a fake tree and I like that. I feel real trees can get really expensive and get the house dirty. Fake trees you only need to buy once and they are not messy. I feel that the good thing for real trees is the going out with family and picking one out, I feel that it is a good bonding expirience. I love puting ornaments on the tree my mom has my siblings and I pick one out every year and put it on the tree. (I hate when people have themes for trees)

• I think that the fake trees are better because they are less messy. And when it's time to take down the tree it is easy to do. Plus real trees also have a strong scent to them and you have to take care of them. 

• My family has always had artificial trees for Christmas. The only reason being is that sometimes a real tree can be a fire hazard. We enjoy our artificial tree because we can move the branches around and make it how we like it, along with it being pre-lit so we don't have to mess with and worry about lights.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker