Can you be Successful Without a College Degree

With the high price of college, many kids wonder if it is worth going to college. Kids are pushed with the fact that they will never be successful without a college degree, but is this true? There are several successful and wealthy people that do not have a college degree. Along with this there are many jobs that require no college degree, that pay better than jobs that require a college degree.

Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, and Bill Gates are just some of the very successful people that never received a college degree. Steve Jobs was the co-founder, CEO and chairman of Apple. When Steve Jobs died he had a net worth of 10.2 billion dollars. Mark Zuckerberg is the co-founder of Facebook and the Meta platform, and has a current net worth of 47.2 billion dollars. Finally, Bill Gates is the co-founder of Microsoft and is currently worth 102.1 billion dollars. These men are just some examples of several people that didn’t receive a college degree, but still went on with their life to be very successful and wealthy. They did this by being smart with their money, and being patient with the process to success. 

Many people who don’t receive a college degree become successful by inventing a new product or becoming an entrepreneur, however, you don’t have to invent something to be successful. People can work an ordinary job but still become very wealthy and happy. One job that fits this description is an electrician. Someone can receive the education they need to become an electrician by working with an experienced electrician or by completing a simple apprenticeship. This person can go on to start their own electrical company. However, there are risks to starting your own company, and the business owner must be careful of their spendings to make sure they don’t spend more than the income. Philadelphia Technician Training Institute explains that you can earn a six figure salary as an electrician with a lot of hard work and dedication. This goes for several other trade jobs, as they are in high demand, but not many people work these jobs. Other jobs that include high paying salaries without college degrees include a pilot, real estate agent, wind turbine and oil rig worker, and many more.

All in all, it is possible to earn a big quantity of money and be happy without a college degree. It will take a lot of hard work and dedication though. If a student does not go to college, they do not have to worry about paying for college and can start making money right away. There are many examples of people who have become successful without a college degree, and they motivate more people to be like them. I believe that students should not be told that they won’t be successful without a college degree, for the reason that there are many opportunities to become successful and make large amounts of money without a college degree.

Do you believe you will be more successful with or without a college degree?

Do you think society pushes a college education, explain?

https://ptt.edu/blog/can-you-make-6-figures-as-an-electrician/#:~:text=As%20the%20world%20ultimately%20depends,of%20the%20electrician%20certification%20programs.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think there are more successful jobs available to those who do have college degrees, but I don't think that means if you don't have a college degree you won't be successful. I think society pushes a college degree it is easier to find a successful job with a college degree. 

• I believe you can be successful in life without a college degree. My dad is a construction worker and he is able to get lots of money by doing jobs. I think that college degree can get you more money, but many people do not have the time or money to go to college. 

• I think I would be more successful without a degree because 2 or 4 years of college is a long time you could spend working and making money to start your own business. I think society pushes college education because they say if you go to college you will make more money working for someone else.

• I agree, while most people are spending tons of money on college and taking up lots of time at college, the people that didn't go to college are working and making money. The average yearly income of an american is $54,000, and after four years that adds up to be $216,000. So people who didn't go to college are working and can be making around $216,000 in four years, while people who go to college spend four years spending and going to class.

• In my opion I believe that if you go to college or not you can still be a successful person if you put your mind to it and work hard. You you go to college and get a degree in something it will help you in life, but it won't make you be successful it will only help.

• I agree, either way you can be very succesful if you work hard, put your mind to it, and trust the process.

• I think it depends and changes based on each person. There are obviously certain jobs you cannot get into without schooling, but I think many young adults go to college without knowing fully what they want to do. They feel as though they have to get a degree without knowing how they want to use their degree. That's why we see so many people say they never use their degree and regret the money they paid. I think college can be enriching purely as just as education---but when college is centered around the degree rather than the knowledge, a lot of people feel as though school is a waste of money.

• I think you can be successful no matter if you go to college or not. There are many people out there who are very successful who don't have a college degree. I do think that getting a college degree will benefit you. Also I think society does push people to go to college because it's a more natural thing now.

• When it comes to having a college degree I say it helps in alot of situatuions. But it is not neccesary to become successful, many of the richest people in the world to not have college degrees. 

• I believe that you don't have to go to college to be successful. There are a lot of people that don't have a college degree and that still make a lot of money. Some jobs don’t require a college degree and you still can get paid good. So I do believe that you will be successful if you don't go to college and get a degree. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker