Boys Age 9 left home alone for months

The two twi boys were left home alone, in the care of the uncle. While their parents were going to Nigeria for a month. The parents had gotton a phone call saying everything was fine. But what they didn't know is that the uncle was never really actually home with them. Also there was no edible food in the house except for ramen noodles. The uncle told the boys to call him if they needed anything such as food or help with homework, but the phone they had was not working, They uncle then said to use a neighbors. The boys got up and ready for school all by themselves, then ate breakfast and lunch at school. The boys said they felt scared and lonely since no one was there. 

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/22/living/twins-left-home-alone-for-months/index.html

Why do you think the uncle left them?

Why do you think the parents left to Nigeria?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I dont understand how the parents wouldn't be in contact or calling their kids once in a while. The article says the parents called once in a while to check on them, so I would think the kids would have said something. In the video on the link they said they were lonely so if I were them and had the chance to talk to my parents, I would definitely say something. It seems sketchy to me.

• Maybe the parents weren't really worried until they got the call from someone saying that they were home by themselves.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker