Block schedule or regular schedule

Don’t you feel like we should switch things up at school by having a two hour early out every week. I think that we should have an early out every wednesday instead of having to be in school until 3:00. The first reason is, if we have an early out it could give kids and teens more time for movement, and brain breaks. Kids might be happier with an early out in the middle of the week so they have more energy. Sometimes when we have a regular schedule some students have sports and they don’t get home until it's dark out but if they start practices early they will get home before dark. 

With school being let out early on Wednesdays it can help increase family time. A shorter school day could mean intergenerational bonding time, and just more precious unstructured time with family. It can also help teachers stay cohesive because of the early release days. So, I think having an early out every Wednesday will benefit and be better than a regular schedule.

Whould you rather have a Block schedule or regulaer schedule?

Do you think we should have a early out every wesnday?

https://caveleronews.com/

https://www.idtech.com/

https://www.teamduvalnews.com/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that I would enjoy having an early out once a week but I think that it should be on Monday not Wednesday. My reasoning for this is that it would be better for the people who live out of town then have to go home after sports practices just to come back to town for church shortly after getting home. It is a waste of gas to do that. I also think it would be good to do on Mondays because then people would dread the start of the week less.

• In my personal opinion, I think that we should just keep using the schedule that we are currently using. Although I can see why some people would benefit from a block schedule, I think that the one we are currenlty using works just fine and trying to change would probably cause some problems.

• I think that we should keep our normal schedule, because the block schedule just makes the day feel so long and never ending. An early out every wednesday would be very nice but I feel that just keeping the schedule normal is the best route to take to keep the best option.

• I think we should have a early out every wedsday because then students would be able to work on homwork and not worrie about getting it done late. But I also think if we do have early out's it would be for church.

• I don't like block schedule casue I don't like sitting for that long in the same class it gets boring and stuff I don't really care if we would have an early out every week or not I just don't like sitting in classrooms for that long.

• Hour-long classes are somewhat exhausting, but not having the same classes every day was less stressful. I can see the merit in both. However, I think we should still fit WIN in our schedule somehow. I know many schools have A, B, C, D, or E days so you have about 6 class periods a day that cycle through.

• I would rather have block schedule because it way better in many ways. I think this because having 8 classes a day just drains many students. I also think that we should have early outs on wednesday. It doesnt have to be every wednesday but at least do everyother day.

• Personally, I would rather have a regular schedule. When we had the hour long classes, I tried really hard not to fall asleep because classes were boring and long. I do think we should have early outs every other wednesday because it's refreshing at times.

• I personally would rather have block schedule, becuase then we wouldn't have to fit so much in 43 minute class periods. Also I think we should have early outs every wednesday, just so students have something to look forward to in the middle of the week.

• Personally, I would rather have a regular schedule. When we had the hour long classes, I tried really hard not to fall asleep because classes were boring and long. I do think we should have early outs every other wednesday because it's refreshing at times.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker