Block schedule or regular schedule

Don’t you feel like we should switch things up at school by having a two hour early out every week. I think that we should have an early out every wednesday instead of having to be in school until 3:00. The first reason is, if we have an early out it could give kids and teens more time for movement, and brain breaks. Kids might be happier with an early out in the middle of the week so they have more energy. Sometimes when we have a regular schedule some students have sports and they don’t get home until it's dark out but if they start practices early they will get home before dark. 

With school being let out early on Wednesdays it can help increase family time. A shorter school day could mean intergenerational bonding time, and just more precious unstructured time with family. It can also help teachers stay cohesive because of the early release days. So, I think having an early out every Wednesday will benefit and be better than a regular schedule.

Whould you rather have a Block schedule or regulaer schedule?

Do you think we should have a early out every wesnday?

https://caveleronews.com/

https://www.idtech.com/

https://www.teamduvalnews.com/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Id rather have a regular schedule because 1 hour classses is way to long and I think that only having 4 to 5 classes a day is not right because kids will get bored of sitting in the right place. I think we should have a early out every wesnday because it will split up the week a bit.

• I would personally rather have a block schedule than a regular one. During ISASPS I kind of liked having longer classes and not all of them on the same day. I also think that if we ever were to have block schedules, you should get a ten to fifteen-minute break in the middle of the hour and twenty minutes. I think it would be really nice right now if we got an early out every Wednesday.

• I would rather have a block schedule and get out early every Wednesday. It would be nice to have a little break from school, and I feel like kids would be more motivated to finish the school week if they had a break in between.

• I would rather have a regular schedule than a block schedule. I think block schedule can get really long and boring having the same class for over an hour. Yes, I think it would be really nice to have an early out every Wednesday that we could use as our rest or break day. 

• I would personally rather have a regular schedule, because I think the class periods during a block schedule are too long for my attention span. They are too long to the point where I easily lose focus and don't pay attention anymore. 

• I think we should stick to normal schedule. Maybe we could do something like an A and B day. A block schedule makes the day feel very long and tiring. Kids are just anxious to get out of the classroom after an hour and fifteen minutes. 

• I kind of liked the block schedule because you didn't feel so rushed and stressed in the classes. I think if you would add a little break in the middle of each block, it would help the students to stay concentrated for such a long time. I think that having an early out each week would be nice, but then we would have to stay longer on the other days and I don't want that. 

• I would rather have a normal schedule, over an hour in a class is a long time to pay attention and stay focused in multiple classes all day. I like moving around and having shorter periods compared to longer ones all day. I do think that an early out every wednesday would be a nice break in the week and it would be good and beneficial for students. 

• I think that it would be a good idea to a certain extent. I think that long class periods get old and the sitting time is way too long. I think we should probably stick with our regular schedule. Kids can focus better when they move around and are not forced to sit still all the time.

• I think that it is good for a week but that long of classes is very annying. I think that we should stick to our normal schedule it is way better and makes the day go by faster. I think it is already hard to focus for 45 minutes I think it would be hard to focus everyday for mulitiple hours at a time. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker