Are People Too Dependent On Computers?

Charles Babbage, the father of computers, invented the first mechanical computer. Later in 1833 he invented a general purpose computer such as the ones today. As computers started to evolve the first ENIAC(Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer). Which was made nearly a century later by John W. Mauchly and J.Presper Eckert.

Since computers have such high capabilities many people today and throughout history have relied on computers. Such as, talk to people from farther differences, meet people from other countries, and receive information much faster. Because computers make life so much easier, they’ve become very addictive. A study has shown that the number of illiterate people have increased due to the use of computers and technology.  Although computers have so many benefits they are making students unable to obtain information because it is now right at their fingertips.

I think that people are too dependent on computers. I think this because of personal experiences of people not knowing basic math problems and easy historical facts. As well as, people being addicted to their phones so badly that they are on them while driving. It is better to be around people in person rather than behind a screen. This is why I think that people are too dependent on computers.

https://www.toppr.com/guides/computer-aptitude-and-knowledge/basics-of-computers/history-of-computers/#:~:text=Early%20History%20of%20Computer,-Since%20the%20evolution&text=One%20of%20the%20earliest%20and,was%20a%20general%2Dpurpose%20computer

https://gonitsora.com/are-we-too-dependent-on-computers/#:~:text=The%20world%20of%20today%20depends,having%20negative%20effects%20on%20children

Do you think that you are addicted to computers? Why?

Why do you think people become addicted?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes, I think that people are way to dependent on their computers and without them peple wouldnt know how to do anything on their own. The newer the technologie gets the less people with have to do. People in this world are getting lazy and not doing anything.

• I agree that people are way to dependent on computers. As well as, people would not know how to live without technology. I also agree that the more advanced technology gets will increase how lazy people become. 

• I think that the new technologies offer many great benefits and we should use them. Of course, this kinda leads into a dependency if you use them in many parts of your life. But, I don't think that it is necessarily bad. However, we still should have a knowledge about basic things. 

• I agree that technology has great benefits built in and that we should use them. I do think that it is bad that people can't live without technology and that people would be lost without it. Although I do agree some things people should be able to know off the top of their head. 

• Yes, I think that people are way to dependent on computers. Without them, people in today's generation would not know what to do or how to survive. I do think that computers are great for many things but people are definitely way too dependent on them.

• I agree that some are too addicted to their computers. I also agree that people in todays world would be lost without technology. Technology in general has done so many great things for everyone, but it is starting to get a little out of hand. 

• I think that computers are extremely good resources and are important for the way our world works today. But I feel like people need to be mindful about how they use them, especially so addiction doesn't happen. It is hard to get away from technology as it is becoming more and more needed in the world we live in. 

• I agree that computers are beneficial to society today and that people need to be mindful. I also agree that it is hard to get away from technology as it is getting more and more advanced and easier to get things accomplished.

• I am not addicted to my computer at all. I think that some people are. I think that the kids who play computer games during school are very addicted to their computer. I think that people became addicted because they are bored and so they can use it for school work.

• I think that some people are addicted and dependent on their computers. Computers can do many different things for you, such as helping you with questions or playing games. I think for the most part computer games can be super addictive to most people. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker