Are AirPods Bad for Your Ears?

There are a lot of different opinions based on whether or not wearing airpods damage your hearing. Some websites claim that they can be bad for your hearing because they create a seal that doesn't allow any outside sounds in so the music or sounds go straight into your ear which can be damaging after long periods. Wearing airpods a lot can also cause chafing of your skin, itchiness, and possibly ear pain. If you put your airpods too far in your ear it can start to hurt your ear cartilage or irratate your skin. The noise cancellation can put pressure on your ears which can be painfull for some people. 

Although there are some people who think airpods are damaging to your ears there are also people who think they're perfectly fine. There are different websites that state that wearing airpods is perfectly fine as long as you don't have them in for too long or the sound too loud. They also say the sound waves for the noise cancellation don't effect your hearing or anything.  

Do you think AirPods are bad for your hearing?

How often do you wear AirPods?

Do AirPods hurt your ears after a short or long period of time?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think airpods are bad for your ears unless you have your music turned up to loud. I usually wear my airpods when I'm running or doing chores around the house. I don't think it hurts your ears, sometimes its just weird hearing things after you take them out. 

• I don't think that AirPods are bad for your hearing as long as the volume stays low and you don't have them in your ears for too long. When I wear AirPods I make sure to keep the volume lower, I have never had a problem with them hurting my ears because I don't have them in for more than an hour. 

• I think that AirPods could be bad for your ears. I think that it really depends on how long you are listeing who whatever and how loud it is. I don't think that it is just AirPods, I think that it is all types of headphones and earbuds that can be harmful. 

• I think that AirPods could be bad for your hearing if you wear them for a very long time. Otherwise, I think that it should be fine. AirPods are very convenient because of the noise canceling and you can listen to your music even though there is noise around you. 

• I can't really say if they are or not cause no earbuds fit in my ears so I can only use over-the-ear headphones but even if they did fit I personally am not a fan of earbuds they are uncomfortable and easy to lose. not only that but you're shoving a small object into your ear so I think they might be bad but as I said, I can't really say.

• I dont think airpods are bad for your ears. They are the same as regular headphones but wireless. I think if your music is extremely loud and you have them in all the time it could be damaging but so would any other headphones. I dont wear mine often maybe two times a week for an hour or two a day. 

• I personally don't think it is the AirPods themselves, but it depends on how loud your music is. If you have airpods in all the time, and your music is very loud, that's not good. I wear airpods pretty often, and if I wear them for a long time, they can sometimes hurt my ears.

• I agree I don't think it's really apple's fault for if they affect your hearing I think it's kind of your fault for listening to your music too loud. 

• I don't think it is the airpods that are bad for you. But how loud the music acually is. i wear my airpods at least for 2 hours eavh school day. airpods do not hurt my ears at all, but i have the soft buds.

• I don't think that it is necessarily the Airpod that is bad for you, but maybe how loud the music is. I don't wear them for that long, but when I do, I don't have the volume that high, and after awhile they do start to hurt my ears. I think that if you wear them for a long time they can hurt your ears.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker