Are AirPods Bad for Your Ears?

There are a lot of different opinions based on whether or not wearing airpods damage your hearing. Some websites claim that they can be bad for your hearing because they create a seal that doesn't allow any outside sounds in so the music or sounds go straight into your ear which can be damaging after long periods. Wearing airpods a lot can also cause chafing of your skin, itchiness, and possibly ear pain. If you put your airpods too far in your ear it can start to hurt your ear cartilage or irratate your skin. The noise cancellation can put pressure on your ears which can be painfull for some people. 

Although there are some people who think airpods are damaging to your ears there are also people who think they're perfectly fine. There are different websites that state that wearing airpods is perfectly fine as long as you don't have them in for too long or the sound too loud. They also say the sound waves for the noise cancellation don't effect your hearing or anything.  

Do you think AirPods are bad for your hearing?

How often do you wear AirPods?

Do AirPods hurt your ears after a short or long period of time?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think airpods are bad for your ears unless you get over exposure or turn the volume up too loud. I dont wear airpods very often so I shouldn't have to worry to much. However, I have heard, that since there is no wire between the two airpods, then there is a signal that travels between them. This signal goes right through your brain, which is probably not the best for it.

• I don't think airpods are bad for your hearing. I have had airpods for almost 2 years, and I haven't noticed any change in my hearing. Sometime my airpods do hurt my ears after wearing them for a long time, but it isn't anything major. I use my airpods on a daily basis.

• I kind of agree my airpods hurt my ears after wearing them for a long time they just make my ears a little bit sore. 

• I don't think airpods are bad for your hearing if you have the sound below 60-75% of max volume. If you go around listening to music all day at full blast, yes that will hurt your hearing. I only wear airpods a couple of hours each day at the most, but I make sure to not have the volume high.

• I agree I think they're probably fine as long as you don't have them on a super high volume and not for a really long time.

• I think that they could be bad for your ears if you listen to music too loud. I believe that that is the same with listening to music too loud in your car as well. I think that they are fine for your ears if you do not listen to your music too loud. I think that it is the listener's choice to protect their hearing.

• I wear AirPods a lot of the day, in fact, I'm wearing mine right now. I don't think they are damaging my ears. Now, if I have the music WAY too loud, sometimes I feel a little pain, but damage, none. I think that AirPods are safe for your ears, just make sure to give your ears a break sometimes. 

• I wear AirPods constantly throughout the day, I do not believe they hurt our ears. I can admit that after an extended period, they start to hurt.

• I think that AirPods could potentially be bad for your hearing, some people listen to their music very loudly which could be damaging. But AirPods can also cause build-up in your ears because it's pushing all the earwax deeper into your ear. I wear my AirPods quit often and I notice after a while that they start to get uncomfortable but I usually ignore it.

• I agree they could be bad for your hearing and if you listen to your music really loud you're more likely to damadge your hearing. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker