Animal Testing

Millions of different pets and animals are used every year just in the United States for different testing. They lock animals up and force them to eat, they inject different chemicals and drugs into their skin, and they are forced to inhale different things. Animals that get tested get exposed to different drugs and chemicals that can make them sick, give them very bad disseases, put them in very bad pain, or kill them. Usually the animals will stay there until they die. They usually get killed after the expirement so that they can get looked at to see how the test worked out. 

Some pros of animal testing are that it has improved and saved the lives of millions of people. It has also benefited plenty of businesses and researchers. It helps make sure that humans stay safe and it puts no human lives at risk. Also it helps with the odds of people sueing businesses for their products. 

Cons of animal testing are that more than 110 million animals are tortured to death and killed in labs for different testings that don't always work and aren't even 90% accurate. It's inhumane to lock the animals down in place, poke them in the eyes and mouth, slice at there skin, and much worse. There are so many people worried about animal abuse and hurting animals but then they buy things that have been animal tested and sometimes they don't even understand how badly it hurts the animals. 

In my opinion I think there are so many things not okay about animal testing. Why would you want to purposely torture animals for information that isn't even 100% accurate. When I think about it I think about if it were my pet. The animals that are getting killed are there sometimes from birth until they die and they never even did anything wrong or to hurt anyone. 

Do you think there is a better way to test products?

Should animal testing be considered as animal abuse?

Do you think animal testing should be illegal?

https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/animals-used-experiments-faq#:~:text=unoL%20%2F%20iStock.com-,How%20many%20animals%20are%20used%20in%20experiments%20each%20year%3F,in%20the%20U.S.%20or%20worldwide.

https://www.hsi.org/news-media/about/

https://blog.biobide.com/benefits-of-animal-testing-how-ethical-testing-aids-research#:~:text=Testing%20on%20animals%20has%20saved,muscular%20dystrophy%2C%20and%20Parkinson's%20disease.

https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/animals-used-experiments-faq#:~:text=Animals%20are%20typically%20killed%20once,killed%20in%20laboratories%20every%20year.

https://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-experimentation/animals-used-experimentation-factsheets/animal-experiments-overview/#:~:text=Each%20year%2C%20more%20than%20110,%2C%20food%2C%20and%20cosmetics%20testing.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think we need a better way to test these but it is hard to test something on another thing that you will not know if it will give back results you have always gotten back. The thing is if we didnt test the animals and tested the humans there would be a much bigger problem.

• I agree with you that there is a better way to test products. Testing things on animals and then putting them in stores just because it worked on animals doesn't mean that it won't hurt poeple too, especially because the testing they do on the animals isn't even 100% accurate. 

• Yes I agree that we should develop a better way to test these products. I think that if we didn't animal test then it could cause more problems in humans because we wont know how to products will react on a living organism. I think maybe that we should make it illegal only once we find a better way to test.

• I agree with you, there probably is a better way to test different products. It also may cause more problems for humans and we won't know how products will react but if we find another way to test that's safe for everyone and everything that would be good and we wouldn't be hurting anyone.

• I believe that there is a better way to test animals then just killing them. Someone needs to find a way to do animal testing without killing the animal. Some test are done to animals that were healthy and had no reason to die. There is a better way then killing them. 

• I think there is a better way than killing animals to test a product. I think animal testing isn't abusive because we have to test the products and it is better than a human getting tested. I think that animal testing shouldn't be illegal because it is still better than humans being tested.

• I agree that there is probably a better way to test products, but I think it's not ok to kill multiple house pets like dogs over a makeup product that isn't very benificial. This is probably an opinion that could go either way because hurting a rat to solve the cure for cancer is worth it, but I don't know if I think killing a dog for an unpopular and cheap makeup product is. 

• I think animal testing is good for getting an understanding of the science and the biology of bodies. But, I think some of the things they test on animals are not right. They shouldn't torture animals for no reason, but If it will help us find a cure for something, I say do it. It's better than using humans.

• I understand where you're coming from, testing animals is definetly benificial for us. I also agree that testing animals hurts the animals and causes them to suffer. Although it doesn't always hurt the animals, for how many it kills I still think it isn't right and there has to be a better way to test products. Although it can kill the animals, if it only took one rat to find the cure to something I think it's worth it, but killing multiple animals for makeup products isn't. 

• In my opinion, I think that animal testing should stop. I don't really now how scientists and those types of people will be able to make their products without the testing, but they need to figure out a different way to do so. I just don't think it is right.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker