Animal Testing

Millions of different pets and animals are used every year just in the United States for different testing. They lock animals up and force them to eat, they inject different chemicals and drugs into their skin, and they are forced to inhale different things. Animals that get tested get exposed to different drugs and chemicals that can make them sick, give them very bad disseases, put them in very bad pain, or kill them. Usually the animals will stay there until they die. They usually get killed after the expirement so that they can get looked at to see how the test worked out. 

Some pros of animal testing are that it has improved and saved the lives of millions of people. It has also benefited plenty of businesses and researchers. It helps make sure that humans stay safe and it puts no human lives at risk. Also it helps with the odds of people sueing businesses for their products. 

Cons of animal testing are that more than 110 million animals are tortured to death and killed in labs for different testings that don't always work and aren't even 90% accurate. It's inhumane to lock the animals down in place, poke them in the eyes and mouth, slice at there skin, and much worse. There are so many people worried about animal abuse and hurting animals but then they buy things that have been animal tested and sometimes they don't even understand how badly it hurts the animals. 

In my opinion I think there are so many things not okay about animal testing. Why would you want to purposely torture animals for information that isn't even 100% accurate. When I think about it I think about if it were my pet. The animals that are getting killed are there sometimes from birth until they die and they never even did anything wrong or to hurt anyone. 

Do you think there is a better way to test products?

Should animal testing be considered as animal abuse?

Do you think animal testing should be illegal?

https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/animals-used-experiments-faq#:~:text=unoL%20%2F%20iStock.com-,How%20many%20animals%20are%20used%20in%20experiments%20each%20year%3F,in%20the%20U.S.%20or%20worldwide.

https://www.hsi.org/news-media/about/

https://blog.biobide.com/benefits-of-animal-testing-how-ethical-testing-aids-research#:~:text=Testing%20on%20animals%20has%20saved,muscular%20dystrophy%2C%20and%20Parkinson's%20disease.

https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/animals-used-experiments-faq#:~:text=Animals%20are%20typically%20killed%20once,killed%20in%20laboratories%20every%20year.

https://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-experimentation/animals-used-experimentation-factsheets/animal-experiments-overview/#:~:text=Each%20year%2C%20more%20than%20110,%2C%20food%2C%20and%20cosmetics%20testing.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• There are actually other ways to test. Cosmetics companies have to ensure the safety of their products, so there are other methods such as testing on human cells. This is a much better alternative that a growing number of companies are using.

• I think there is a better way to test products than killing animals but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I think animals are abused way to much for certain tests and that there should be a limit on how many can be tested, used, etc.

• Yes on all of the questions, there is so many other ways to test products and using animals doesn't have to be one of them. If anything, more people don't buy animal testing products so why do businesses do it? Animal testing is abuse and should be illegal, theres no way there isn't any other way to test for things.

• I agree, there are so definetly different better ways to test products than on animals. I also agree that more people don't buy animal testing products since they don't like that they are hurting the animals so why are they doing it. Plus there are plenty of really good products that are sucsessfull that aren't animal tested.

• I think that there are definetly better ways to test out our human products that isn't on animals, but that also isn't also on humans. I think it does fall under some type of abuse to animals. And maybe because of all of this testing our products on animals shoudl be considered illegal.

• I agree that there are definetly better ways to test out our products that don't include animals and doesn't get anyone hurt. I know that technology has been getting significantly better over these past few years and if we make it more noticible to more people then maybe someone will invent a better way to test products.

• I personally think that animal testing is cruel. Animals are Forced chemical exposure in toxicity testing, which can include oral force-feeding, forced inhalation, skin or injection into the abdomen and muscle. I know that the reason that scientist test on animals is because to make sure the product is safe for humans but they are innocent and helpless

• I agree, we're hurting innocent and helpless animals for our sake for inaccurate information when we could prioritize it and find a better solution. I agree that it is cruel to lock them down and force them to inhale toxic things, inject things in their skin, and force feed them dangerous and toxic chemicals. 

• Yes, I think there are way better ways to test products then using animals. I think it is abuse becuase your putting harmful chemicals onto animals that hurt them and can sometimes kill them. I think animal testing should definetly be illegal. 

• I wish that we could use other ways to test things. But history has proved that using animals for testing is very productive. Without animal testing, we wouldn't have many vaccines and medications. Overall i hate that we have to use animals for testing, but its necessary. Good topic.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker